Comment & Posting Guidelines
As a public entity, NASD must abide by certain standards to serve all its constituents in a civil and unbiased manner.
The intended purpose behind establishing NASD social media sites is to disseminate information from the District, about the District, to its students, families, residents of the community, external stakeholders, guests, and fans.
Comments containing any of the following inappropriate forms of content shall not be permitted on NASD social media sites and are subject to removal and/or restriction:
- Comments not related to the original topic, including random or unintelligible comments;
- Profane, obscene, violent, or pornographic content and/or language;
- Content that promotes, fosters or perpetuates discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, age, religion, gender, sexual orientation, or national origin;
- Defamatory or personal attacks;
- Threats to any person or organization;
- Comments in support of, or in opposition to, any political campaigns or ballot measures;
- Solicitation of commerce, including but not limited to advertising of any business or product for sale;
- Conduct in violation of any federal, state or local law;
- Encouragement of illegal activity;
- Information that may tend to compromise the safety or security of the public or public systems; or
- Content that violates a legal ownership interest, such as a copyright, of any party;
- Repetitive or duplicative posts by single or multiple users.
A comment posted by a member of the public on any NASD social media site is the opinion of the commentator or poster only, and publication of a comment does not imply endorsement of, or agreement by NASD, nor do such comments necessarily reflect the opinions or policies of NASD.
NASD reserves the right to deny access to NASD social media sites for any individual, who violates these guidelines, at any time and without prior notice.
NASD shall monitor their social media sites for comments requesting responses and for comments in violation of these guidelines.