Parent Engagement Committees Overview
The following guidelines are in place for participating in a parent engagement committee.
- All appointed members shall serve a term of one year and attend every meeting.
- As of August 2022, all schools will have a PTA, PFA, or PTO K-12. For each school, at least one committee member must be an active member of the PTO, PFA, or PTA for SPLC, SAC and EAC Committees.
- Committee members can only serve on one of the District committees at a time.
- Committee member names will be published on the District website with contact information, photo, and a short bio.
- Each committee member shall:
- Keep confidential matters confidential.
- Represent their school community.
- Listen and be open-minded. We shall agree to disagree about issues and not to be disagreeable after discussions.
- Discuss things as a group with common goals, not as a group of individuals.
- Agree to be a problem solver and work as a team.
If you are interested in applying to be a member of one of the following District committees, please use the link provided on each committee page.
If you have any questions or issues with the sign-up link, please contact the Communications Department at CommunicationsDept@northallegheny.org.