DAY-TO-DAY SUBSTITUTE TEACHER
The Northern Area Substitute Services (NASS) allows PA-certified teachers and licensed nurses to complete one application to work at both Hampton Township School District and the North Allegheny School District.
Guest Substitutes with a valid emergency permit issued by the Pennsylvania Department of Education are only eligible to substitute teach within the employing public school entity (LEA) that requested the permit.
Day-to-Day Substitute Teacher Rates (Effective February 20, 2023)
- Day 1+ (non-consecutive): $120.00 Per Day - for the current school year
- Days 31+ (non-consecutive): $120.00 Per Day - for the current school year
- 31st Consecutive Day in Assignment
- 70% of Step 1A (Bachelor’s Degree): $177.44 per day
- 70% of Step 1E (Master’s Degree): $182.17 per day
North Allegheny Professional Retiree Day-to-Day Substitute Teacher Rate
- $145.00 per day
Day-to-Day Paraprofessional Substitute Rate
- $14.00 per hour
INTERESTED? APPLY TODAY!
- Submit an online application through Frontline Recruiting & Hiring
- Qualified applicants will be invited to complete a virtual interview with the Substitute Services Coordinator.
- Upon a successful interview, applicants will receive the Northern Area Substitute Services new hire documentation to complete. View information on how to obtain required clearances.
- Schedule an appointment with the Substitute Services Coordinator to submit your new hire documentation at email@example.com or 412-369-5437.
Appointments are held at:
North Allegheny School District
Central Administrative Offices
200 Hillvue Lane
Pittsburgh, PA 15237
The Northern Area Substitute Services utilizes Frontline Education's Absence Management for substitute assignments and vacancies.