Day-to-Day Substitute Teacher
The Northern Area Substitute Services (NASS) allows PA-certified teachers and licensed nurses to complete one application to work at both Hampton Township School District and the North Allegheny School District.
Guest Substitutes with a valid emergency permit issued by the Pennsylvania Department of Education are only eligible to substitute teach within the employing public school entity (LEA) that requested the permit.
Day-to-Day Teacher Substitute Rates (Effective January 1, 2021)
- Days 1-30 (non-consecutive): $100.00 per day - for the current school year
- Days 31+ (non-consecutive): $120.00 per day - for the current school year
- 31st Consecutive Day in Assignment
- 70% of Step 1A (Bachelor’s Degree): $172.22 per day
- 70% of Step 1E (Master’s Degree): $176.81 per day
Day-to-Day Paraprofessional Substitute Rate
- $12.50 per hour
Interested? Follow the steps below to apply today!
- Submit an online application through Frontline Recruiting & Hiring
- Qualified applicants will be invited to complete a virtual interview with the Substitute Services Coordinator.
- Upon a successful interview, applicants will receive the Northern Area Substitute Services new hire documentation to complete. View information on how to obtain required clearances.
- Schedule an appointment with the Substitute Services Coordinator to submit your new hire documentation at email@example.com or 412-369-5437. Appointments are held at:
North Allegheny School District
Central Administrative Offices
200 Hillvue Lane
Pittsburgh, PA 15237
The Northern Area Substitute Services utilizes Frontline Education's Absence Management for substitute assignments and vacancies.