The NA Foundation awards grants to NA staff in the fall and spring.
The Foundation usually grants up to $50,000 each year, with two submission periods, one each in the first and second semesters. NA staff members will be notified via email when applications will be accepted.
- Develop an idea - the sky's the limit!
- Talk with your principal about the idea
- Feel free to reach out to other teachers or Bill Mascari (email@example.com) for input
- Create a rough draft application proposal
- Submit the application when the window is opened
- 3D printers at elementary schools
- CDC printers at middle schools
- Bikes for Health & PE classes
- Large instruments for band and orchestra
- Robotics in classrooms
- Creation of sensory rooms
- Funds for community-based instruction
Grants applications are awarded based on a scoring rubric that looks at 3 key questions:
- Does this grant support North Allegheny’s Strategic Goals?
- What is the level of impact of this grant on schools and classrooms?
- Does this grant fit with the NA Foundation’s mission?
- Classroom furniture grants are usually not approved
- Try to include more than just one class
- Collaborate with your colleagues
- Make a connection to enhancing the curriculum
For further details, review this presentation from the NA Foundation Board of Trustees.