SAFETY INFORMATION FOR STUDENTS & PARENTS/GUARDIANS
Courteous behavior on the school bus is a matter of safety. Inappropriate action by just one student can jeopardize everyone's safety. Please go over the rules listed below and instruct your student to follow them.
- Be at your assigned bus stop five minutes ahead of schedule.
- No playing or standing in the street at the bus stop.
- Respect all property at the bus stop.
- Board and depart in an orderly manner.
- Listen to and cooperate with your driver.
- Always cross 15 feet in front of the bus.
- Cross only when red lights are flashing and traffic is stopped.
- Remain visible to the bus driver at all times.
- Stay in your seat and remain seated at all times.
- Observe classroom conduct.
- Talk quietly.
- Be polite.
- Refrain from inappropriate and abusive language.
- Food, drink, and tobacco products are prohibited on the bus.
- No photos or videos of other students or drivers are allowed.
- Animals are prohibited on the bus.
- Keep the bus clean.
- Do not tamper with any of the equipment on the bus.
- Follow all rules posted in every school bus.
There are consequences when a student opts to violate the rules. North Allegheny has a ladder of discipline for bus behavior offenses.
- First offense - verbal warning.
- Second offense - detention and/or bus seat change.
- Third offense - bus safety school plus parent/guardian conference.
- Repeated or very serious offenses will result in revocation of transportation provided by the District.
Riding a school bus is a privilege. If a student is in violation of the rules, the District may revoke transportation, making it the parent's/guardian's responsibility.