Technology and Engineering Honors/CHS Course Podcasts
Curriculum Resource Links
Engineering and CADD
- Project Lead the Way (PLTW) provides transformative learning experiences for Pre K-12 students and teachers across the U.S. We create an engaging, hands-on classroom environment and empower students to develop in-demand knowledge and skills they need to thrive. www.pltw.org/
- Autodesk provides students with their own suite of software through the education plan. Students can explore emerging technologies and access rich learning content at www.autodesk.com/education/edu-software/overview.
- TinkerCAD is a free, easy-to-use app for 3D design, electronics, and coding. It's used by teachers, kids, hobbyists, and designers to imagine, design, and make anything!
- Onshape is a professional-grade, cloud-based CAD platform that students and educators can access for free on any device, anywhere, anytime.
- VEX Robotics provides the platform for our students learning from grades 6 – 12. You will find information on where to purchase robot hardware and parts.
- VEXCode VR lets you code a virtual robot using a block based coding environment powered by Scratch Blocks. VEXcode VR is based on VEXcode, the same programming environment used for VEX 123, GO, IQ and V5 robots.
- RobotC is the language used to program the VEX robots that North Allegheny uses in the classroom. Visit their website to download the software for free.
- The Carnegie Mellon Robotics Academy is the source for curriculum, training and summer opportunities.
- Robot Events is the source for middle and high school robotics competitions across the country.
- National Robotics Engineering Center is where opportunity lies after high school to further your career in robotics.
- Construct 3 is a unique web-based game engine and design software that allows users to create various styles of 2D games anywhere.
- Unity is a powerful, accessible 3D game engine with strong documentation, and an active user base used to create 2D, 3D, and VR game and experiences.
- Unity Learn choose various pathways, activities, and courses based on current status as a Unity user.
- Blender is the free and open source 3D creation suite. It supports the entirety of the 3D pipeline—modeling, rigging, animation, simulation, rendering, compositing and motion tracking, video editing and 2D animation pipeline.