Whether you are considering going straight into a career, going on to college, or something else, we have some links below that may assist you in preparing for this upcoming transition. We can help you decide which careers to consider.
PENNSYLVANIA CAREER GUIDE
The Pennsylvania Career Guide is a valuable resource to help you make all-important career decisions.
Your Naviance account provides you with multiple ways to explore careers and career clusters that fit your personality, interests, strengths, and learning styles. You get to your Naviance account through your TigerID.
- The website jobapplicationsonline.com provides job resources and online applications for restaurants, retail and department stores, pharmacies, grocery stores, and companies in many different industries. This could be a useful resource for students seeking part-time employment.
- For students interested in becoming a teacher, visit teachercertificationdegrees.com/careers to help with your exploration process.
- For students interested in data science careers, visit discoverdatascience.org/programs/bachelors-in-data-science
- For students interested in nursing careers, please visit these websites:
- For students interested in cybersecurity careers, please visit these websites:
If you are interested in pursuing some volunteer experience, here are some options:
For more information about the importance of volunteer work, how to find volunteer opportunities, and how to transition from volunteering to a career in a nonprofit, visit learnhowtobecome.org/volunteer-and-nonprofit-careers
To read more about the benefits of volunteering, visit purdueglobal.edu/blog/psychology/volunteering-and-psychological-health
OCCUPATIONAL OUTLOOK HANDBOOK
If you are looking for information on the highest-paid jobs, the fastest-growing jobs, or on a job that interests you, the Occupational Outlook Handbook can help you.
SHORTAGE OF TRADE PROFESSIONALS
Currently, there is a massive shortage of young people joining the trade professions. A career in trades is a viable and potentially lucrative option. The links below provided by APR Supply Co. point to a documentary that reviews the opportunities that the HVACR Wholesale Industry can provide to anyone willing to consider it, no matter their degree or profession. There is no better place to start than with high-schoolers looking to discover their career path.
Told through the perspective of young employees, this documentary follows a hand-selected group of characters around for several days to capture how the industry has helped impact their personal and professional lives. From Minnesota to Texas, this film captures the untold stories of Millennials in the HVAC workplace and their inspiring stories of how they got there.