NASH Student Parking Permit Information
Registration for parking permits will begin on Friday, August 13, 2021. To register for a parking permit, students must be accompanied by a parent/guardian when applying. Students must submit their driver's license and the owner's card for each vehicle to be registered. Applications will not be processed unless the student applying for a permit appears in person to complete the necessary documentation.
Dates for purchasing a NASH parking permit
Seniors may bring their application to North Allegheny Senior High School:
- August 13, 2021 - 9:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
- August 16, 2021 - 9:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
Juniors may bring their application to North Allegheny Senior High School:
- August 17, 2021 - 2:00 p.m. - 8:00 p.m.
- August 18, 2021 - 9:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
Juniors and Seniors may bring their application to North Allegheny Senior High School:
- August 19, 2021 - 2:00 p.m. - 8:00 p.m.
Permits will be issued on the day of application.
Parking/Driving Fines and Rule Violations at NASH
Here are the consequences for parking/driving violations at NASH:
- A first-time minor violation will result in a $15 fine or loss of driving privileges for 30 days.
- Any subsequent minor offense will result in a loss of driving privileges for 60 days and a $10 fee to have the permit returned.
- A first-time major violation will result in a $25 fine or loss of driving privileges for 60 days.
- Any subsequent major violation will result in a 90-day loss of permit, and a $10 fee to have the permit returned.
- Any left-hand turn entering or leaving the tennis court exit will result in loss of driving privileges for 90 days. This is a serious safety violation.
A list of rules and regulations, along with examples of minor and major offenses, can be found in the NASH Student/Parent Handbook and on the parking/driving application. Parents and students are strongly encouraged to read these rules and consequences at the beginning of the new school year. Ignorance of the rules will not prevent the administration from enforcing the consequences for violation.
Be advised that students should not expect privacy regarding items placed in their vehicles. Random searches of the student parking lot may be conducted by school officials in accordance with School Board Policy #226 and #226.1.
Students who owe money to the cafeteria or to the library for lost books will not be permitted to purchase a driving/parking permit until these financial obligations are met. Students who have unserved detentions remaining from the previous school year will not be permitted to purchase a driving/parking permit until all detentions are served.