Bradford Woods Library Checkout Policies and Procedures
- All Bradford Woods students visit the library each week for Library class. Students in grades 1-5 have a 45-minute class and Kindergarten students have a 30-minute class.
- All students in grades 1-5 are allowed to check out two library books each week. Kindergarten students are allowed to check out one book each week.
- In order to encourage students who are learning to read, 1st and 2nd Grade students are asked to check out at least one book that they can read or that will help them to practice reading. 3rd graders are asked to checkout one chapter book.
- All library books are due one week after they are checked out, unless that falls on a day off. In that case, they are due the following week.
- Books can be renewed unless another person has placed that book on hold.
- Students are not limited to checking out Library Books to only their Library Class time. Students can check out books anytime with their teachers’ permission, in fact we strongly encourage it! Students should never be without a book to read!
- If a student forgets to return their library book(s) on Library Day, they will not be allowed to check out any more book(s) until their books are returned. They can return their books the following day and choose new books to checkout.
- Overdue notices are usually sent home once a month. There are no overdue fines here at Bradford Woods Library, but if a book is lost or damaged beyond repair, a replacement cost will be charged.
- Parents can check books out of the Bradford Woods Library too! We realize how Northland Public Library is far from the Bradford Woods area, so we offer parents the opportunity to visit us and check out books for their children. If you are interested, please stop in and we’ll sign you up. Parents are allowed to check out up to six books at a time.
If you ever have any questions about library policies and procedures, please do not hesitate to call or email Mrs. Flaherty at 724-935-5081 or firstname.lastname@example.org.