2023 Commencement Ceremony Details
Friday, June 2
Senior Collection/Distribution Day - Tuesday, May 30
- Collection/Distribution Day will take place on Tuesday, May 30, between 8:00 a.m. and 12:00 p.m. in the Baierl Center. Attendance at this event is mandatory.
- Details and assigned student times are forthcoming and students/families should anticipate receiving this information via email in the middle of May.
- Items to be collected and distributed include:
- Caps, gowns, and tassels have been ordered for each senior student and will be available for purchase for $20.
- Caps, gowns, and tassels have been ordered for each senior student and will be available for purchase via check only for $20. Checks should be made out to NASH.
- Any financial obligations such as library fees, Metz Dining charges, and Tech Services charges
- District-issued laptop and laptop charger
- The senior survey
Mandatory Commencement Practices - Wednesday, May 31 and Thursday, June 1
- Mandatory Commencement practices will be held on Wednesday, May 31 at 7:30 a.m. and Thursday, June 1 at 7:30 a.m. for all students attending the June 2 ceremony.
- Practice will begin in the NASH Auditorium at 7:30 a.m. before moving over to Newman Stadium
- Attendance at both commencement practices is mandatory.
- Practice details will be sent in the middle of May.
Commencement Ceremony - Students
- On Friday, June 2, students participating in the commencement ceremony should arrive at the NASH Auditorium between 5:00-5:30 p.m.
Student Attire, Caps, Gowns, and Tassels
- Caps, gowns, and tassels have been ordered for each senior student and will be available for purchase for $20 the week of graduation (distribution information above).
- Students are required to wear the school-issued black cap and black gown.
- Students are required to wear at least business casual attire for the event.
- Heels of any height and/or stilettos are not permitted on the turf field. Only wedge heels, flats, or dress shoes are permitted.
- Students will be asked to record their seat location on the field during commencement practice. This will provide information about where each student is seated in Newman Stadium (home side/visitors side and yard line) in the event that families and guests want to sit near the location of their graduate. It is mandatory that students attend commencement practices to ensure they receive this information.
Commencement Ceremony - Guests
- No tickets are required for this event.
- There will be no limit on the number of guests a student can invite.
- The stage will be in the end zone by the scoreboard. The home and away bleachers will be available for use.
- The gates will open at 5:00 p.m. for guests to enter Newman Stadium.
- There will be no assigned seats for the event; it will be first-come, first-served.
- Ushers will be present on the day of the ceremony to assist with seating.
- All guests must be seated by 6:30 p.m.
- The gates to Newman Stadium will be closed from 6:30 p.m. until approximately 7:05 p.m. while our graduates process from the NASH Auditorium to the Baierl Center.
- The gates will be reopened after all graduates are in the Baierl Center.
- If a guest requires additional accommodations for this event, including accessible seating, please email email@example.com with your request.
- Accessible seating will be available on both the home and away sides on the field level of the stadium.
- Only the individual who needs accessible seating plus one support person will be permitted to sit in the accessible seating area. Staff will be available to assist with accessible seating.
- There will be no reserved accessible seating.
- Parking will be provided on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Accessible parking is limited; plan to arrive early if you need to utilize accessible parking.
- Due to limited parking on the NASH Campus, it is highly recommended that graduates are dropped off at their reporting locations. Carpooling is encouraged.
Concessions and Restrooms
- Water will be available for graduates and guests.
- Concession stands will not be open.
- Restrooms will be available for use.
Commencement Ceremony - Live Stream
- The ceremony will be live-streamed on the NA website to ensure family members and friends that are unable to attend can watch the commencement live at home. The link will be available on the afternoon of Friday, June 2 via our website at www.northallegheny.org/seniors.
Commencement Ceremony - Rain Date
- If the ceremony cannot be held on Friday, June 2 due to inclement weather, we plan to hold commencement on Saturday, June 3 at 10:00 a.m., 2:00 p.m., or 6:00 p.m.
- In the event of inclement weather, communication will be shared with senior families via a SchoolMessenger phone call and email, and will be posted on our District website.
- Students who choose to attend the June 2 ceremony will receive their diploma on the evening of commencement.
- Students who do not plan to attend the ceremony can pick up their diplomas at NASH any day after June 2, Monday through Friday, from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Not Attending Graduation?
- Students who do not plan to walk in the commencement ceremony should share their intentions with Mary Anne Foglio at firstname.lastname@example.org.