Hosack Library Policies and Procedures
- All Hosack students visit the library each week for library class. Students in grades 1-5 have a 45-minute class, and Kindergarten students have a 30-minute class.
- All students in Kindergarten are allowed to check out two library books each week. Students in first through fifth grades are allowed to check out three books.
- In order to help students grow their reading skills, all students are encouraged to checkout at least one book at their Lexile level. This information will be shared with the students by their classroom teacher. We are still working on leveling all of the books in our library so that this information will be easy for the students to find. If you are interested in helping with this project, please contact us.
- All library books are due one week after they were checked out, unless that falls on a day off of school. In that case, they are due the following week during the next library class.
- Students can check out books anytime with their teacher's permission. Students are not limited to checking out library book only during their library class time.
- Books can be renewed unless another person has placed that book on hold.
- If students forget to return their library books on library day, they will not be allowed to checkout any more books until they are returned. However, they are allowed to look for books to put on hold. When their books are returned, they will be able to check out what they have placed on hold.
- Overdue notices are usually sent home monthly. There are no overdue fines, but if a book is lost or damaged beyond repair, a replacement cost will be charged. Because we have found that paperback books and some hardcover books do not hold up well with multiple circulations, we ask that you do not purchase a copy of the damaged or lost book on your own. If you have a financial concern, please contact Mrs. Hudson (firstname.lastname@example.org), and we will be happy to work with you to rectify the situation.
If you ever have any questions about library policies and procedures, please do not hesitate to email Mrs. Lamm (email@example.com) or call at 412-366-9664.