- Attend the Activities Fair. Continue to explore and participate in extra-curricular activities in or out of school.
- See your counselor. Are your course choices challenging?
- Review your Naviance portfolio with your counselor. Create a list of activities for the first semester.
- Continue building your resume/scrapbook keeping track of extra-curricular activities, volunteer activities, awards and articles.
- Create a calendar with dates and deadlines.
- Consider taking the PSAT in October.
- Attend the North Pittsburgh College Fair in October at LaRoche College.
- Take the Pre-ACT test.
- Schedule a meeting with your counselor to review your Pre-ACT results and compare these results with your Naviance career clusters.
- Use your Pre-ACT academic scores to develop a study plan.
- Use Naviance to identify schools and entrance requirements commensurate with your Pre-ACT and PSAT scores.
- Make a list of colleges for possible summer visits.
- Plan courses for 11th Grade. Keep 12th Grade options open by keeping pre-requisites in mind.
- Use your Naviance College list to compare your proposed schedule with college admission requirements in mind.
- Schedule an appointment with your counselor. Ask your counselor about summer programs, colleges and universities.
- Check reverse verifications for 11th grade courses.
- Ask your counselor about the North Allegheny SAT Prep course.
- Create College Board account to access SAT prep questions and review.
- Look for summer opportunities – jobs, internships, or volunteer work.
- Visit college campuses.
- Start a summer reading program. See your teachers and counselor for suggestions.
- SAT/ACT prep work.