PSAT for 10th Graders
The Preliminary Scholastic Aptitude Test/National Merit Scholarship Qualifying Test (PSAT/NMSQT) will be offered on Saturday, October 16, 2021. The test is co-sponsored by the College Board and National Merit Scholarship Corporation (NMSC) and is developed and administered for them by Educational Testing Service (ETS). The test measures critical reading, writing, and mathematical reasoning abilities important in college work.
The most common reasons for taking the PSAT/NMSQT are to:
- Receive feedback on your strengths and weaknesses on skills necessary for college study. You can then focus your preparation on those areas that could most benefit from additional study or practice.
- See how your performance on an admissions test might compare with that of others applying to college.
- Enter the competition for annual scholarships from the National Merit Scholarship Corporation (NMSC). Taking the PSAT/NMSQT as a junior is the only way to be eligible for National Merit recognition.
- Help prepare for the SAT. You can become familiar with the kinds of questions and the exact directions you will see on the SAT.
- Receive information from colleges when you check "yes" to Student Search Service.
Test Date: Saturday, October 16, 2021
Test Center: North Allegheny Senior High School
- The test will begin promptly at 7:25am. Please arrive no later than 7:15am.
- The PSAT takes approximately 2 hours and 45 minutes/ Bring your own pencils and approved calculator
Test Fee: $25.00 by 10/4/2021 and $30.00 by 10/11/2021 (Payment can be made by cash or check and turned in at the NAI Counseling office).
Refunds are not available.
**Please complete the registration form and return to the NAI Counseling Office. **