PES Library Policies and Procedures
- All Peebles students visit the library each week for Library class. Students in grades 1-5 have a 45 minute class and Kindergarten students have a 30 minute class.
- Kindergarten students are allowed to check out one book each week. First grade students are allowed to check out two library books each week. Students in grades 2-5 are allowed to check out three library books each week.
- All library books are due one week after they were checked out, unless that falls on a day off of school. In that case, they are due the following week.
- Books can be renewed unless another person has placed that book on hold.
- Students are not limited to checking out Library Books only during Library class time. Students can check out books anytime with their teachers’ permission, in fact we strongly encourage it! Students should never be without a book to read!
- If a student forgets to return their library book(s) on Library Day, it's no big deal! If a child forgets their library book, we do allow them to look for a book and put it on hold for one day. When their books are returned, they can check out the books they put on hold.
- Overdue notices are sent home regularly. There are no overdue fines here at Peebles Library, but if a book is lost or damaged beyond repair, a replacement cost will be charged.
- Parents can check books out of the Peebles Library too! If you are interested, please stop in and we’ll sign you up.
If you ever have any questions about library policies and procedures, please do not hesitate to call or email Ms. Nard at 412-366-9667 or email@example.com.