Updated Drop-off & Pick-up Procedures at MCK - Effective January 6
Dear McKnight Parents/Guardians,
The next phase of our renovation will begin over Winter Break, which includes the end of the building near the drop-off circle. This section of the property will be closed when students return on January 6. To prepare for this closure, the following changes are being made. It is strongly advised that all students take the bus as delays are expected.
- Students will be dropped off along the loop. Please remember to drive slowly when in the drop-off loop.
- Students should not be dropped off in the driveway between the NAI parking lot and the loop.
- Mr. Heckmann and Mr. Smith will be the staff members on duty in this area.
- Students will walk along the sidewalk towards the front of the building and enter through the main doors with bus riders.
- Bus riders will not be affected and will enter the building as usual.
End of Day Dismissal/Pick-Up
- Dismissal for parent/guardian pick-ups and walkers will continue to start at 3:25 p.m.
- Parents/guardians will need to park in the NAI lot and walk to the 1st grade doors (see picture) for pickup. Parents/guardians should not park in the loop.
- We will continue to use the numbered card system. Once your child is dismissed, walk on the sidewalk towards NAI and to your car.
- Cars should use the NAI exit onto Cumberland Road and not the entryway to McKnight to leave the property.
- Walkers will be dismissed from the same door as pick-ups.
- Bus riders will not be affected and will exit the building as usual.
We appreciate your help in making this transition smooth for our students. It is highly advisable to have students ride the bus instead of being dropped off or picked up. Our main priority will continue to be student safety. Please remember to drive slow on school property and be aware of students.
Christopher Shute, Ed.D.