The North Allegheny School District, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania School Board, is seeking a highly qualified and fully certified Superintendent. The Board wishes to have the successful candidate assume the responsibilities of the position on or before September 1, 2023.
- Enrollment: 8,500
- Location: Southwestern Pennsylvania, suburb north of Pittsburgh
The candidate must have experience as a superintendent and the background, skills, and abilities essential for excellence in educational leadership. The Board recognizes that selecting a superintendent is one of the most important decisions it will make. The Board developed the following desired characteristics.
- A student-centered and forward-thinking educational visionary with a deep understanding of modern learning and the skill sets students need to be successful in a changing world, as well as a proven commitment to updating curriculum and teaching practices. One who values the whole child and supports academics, athletics, and arts.
- An experienced educational leader with an understanding of Western Pennsylvania preferred, who can demonstrate successful management of challenging budgets, who has maintained stable district strategic direction over time, and who has a history of guiding and developing strong relationships with School Boards.
- A servant leader who is ethical, humble, compassionate, and honest, who values constructive criticism, and develops a high performing staff through relationships, mentorship, and positive instructional leadership.
- A decision-maker who has a demonstrated ability to develop effective solutions by working with staff and community to get feedback and buy-in, and who can also make difficult decisions for the good of the district as a whole.
- Closing date for applications: June 1, 2023
- School Board selects finalists to interview: Early June 2023
- Finalist interviews with the School Board: Mid-June 2023
- Selection of new Superintendent: Late June 2023
- Start Date on or before September 1, 2023, or as negotiated.
Ahlam Weidman, North Allegheny School Board Secretary
200 Hillvue Lane
Pittsburgh, PA 15237
North Allegheny School District is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The district does not discriminate based on race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, or disability, and, when needed, will provide reasonable accommodations to applicants and employees. Anyone requiring reasonable accommodation in the application or recruitment process, please contact Ahlam Weidman at the address/phone/email listed above.
Primary Location: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 15237
Shift Type: Full-Time