Return to Headlines

Work Permits

Work Permits:
Work permits are issued for minors (aged 14 to 18, and not having graduated from high school) who reside in the North Allegheny School District.
To Obtain a Work Permit:
1. Obtain a legal document certifying the applicant's birth date: a birth certificate, driver's license or permit, passport, or baptismal certificate.
2. Bring the document to the main office at NASH, Monday through Friday between 8 a.m. and 3 p.m.  Once one of the documents above is reviewed, the student will receive an Application for Work Permit, do not down load a work permit online.  
3. A parent or guardian does not have to be present.  The minor can take the application home, have a parent or guardian sign the application, then return it to the office and the work permit will be issued.  If a parent or guardian accompanies the minor, the work permit can be processed and issued the day of application.