2018-2019 NASH Student Parking Permit Information
NASH students who wish to drive to school can register for driving/parking privileges by purchasing a parking tag at NASH in August prior to the start of school.
In order to register, students must be accompanied by a parent/guardian when applying for a permit. Students must submit their driver's license and the owner's card for each vehicle to be registered. Applications will not be processed unless both the parent/guardian and student appear in person to complete the necessary documentation. The total cost of registration and parking permit is $100. Cash and checks (made payable to "NASH") are accepted. Due to a limited number of parking spaces, only 700 permits will be sold.
Dates for purchasing a NASH parking tag at NASH
SENIORS accompanied by their parent/guardian:
- August 13: 9:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
- August 14: 2:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m.
- August 15: 9:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m
SENIORS & JUNIORS accompanied by their parent/guardian:
- August 20: 12:00 p.m. – 3:00 p.m.
- August 21: 2:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m.
- August 22: 9:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
JUNIORS accompanied by their parent/guardian:
- August 16: 2:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m.
- August 17: 9:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
Parking/Driving Fines and Rule Violations at NASH
Here are the consequences for parking/driving violations at NASH:
- A first time minor violation will result in a $15 fine or loss of driving privileges for 30 days.
- Any subsequent minor offense will result in a loss of driving privileges for 60 days and a $10 fee to have the permit returned.
- A first time major violation will result in a $25 fine or loss of driving privileges for 60 days.
- Any subsequent major violation will result in a 90-day loss of permit, and a $10 fee to have the permit returned.
- Any left-hand turn entering or leaving the tennis court exit will result in loss of driving privileges for 90 days. This is a serious safety violation.
A list of rules and regulations, along with examples of minor and major offenses, can be found in the NASH Student/Parent Handbook and on the parking/driving application. Parents and students are strongly encouraged to read these rules and consequences at the beginning of the new school year. Ignorance of the rules will not prevent the administration from enforcing the consequences for violation.
Be advised that students should not expect privacy regarding items placed in their vehicles. Random searches of the student parking lot may be conducted by school officials in accordance with School Board Policy #226 and #226.1.
Students who owe money to the cafeteria or to the library for lost books will not be permitted to purchase a driving/parking permit until these financial obligations are met. Students who have unserved detentions remaining from the previous school year will not be permitted to purchase a driving/parking permit until all detentions are served.