Name: Mrs. Andrea Jaecks
Building Phone: 724-935-4044 (MES)
Grade: K-5 Subject: Art
Room Number: 134 / Art Room A
Welcome to ART at Marshall Elementary School!
Hello, my name is Mrs. Jaecks [sounds like "Jakes"] and this is my 10th year teaching elementary art at North Allegheny and 9th year teaching at MES. My favorite art mediums are oil pastels, clay, paint and papier-mâché. I can't wait to see what we can create together using those mediums and MORE. Fun Fact: Before becoming a visual arts teacher, I taught dance for 9 years in the Pittsburgh area and continue to be invovled in the performing arts as the choreographer for the NA Spring Musical.
Check out Seesaw for updates from the art room.
Art Day Clothing Request:
- Please check my Weekly Schedule to see when your child will have art and try to avoid sending them in new clothes on that day. Although we strive to stay clean, sometimes accidents do happen! With your child's health in mind, I will not provide art shirts/aprons in the art room. Thank you for your understanding!
- Elementary Art Facilitator
- N.A. Traveling Art Gallery (T.A.G) Coordinator
- Choreographer for the NASH Spring Musical (2007-2015, 2019-2020)
- Oklahoma! (2007), Bye Bye Birdie (2008), Beauty and the Beast (2009), Cats (2010), Les Misérables (2011), Peter Pan (2012), Footloose (2013), Shrek (2014), 42nd Street (2015), Good News (2019), Titanic (2020)
- Edinboro University - MA in Art Education
- Carlow University - Teaching Certificate in Art Education
- Point Park University - BA in Dance Pedagogy