- Pass out schedules check for dates and times.
- Check instrument size.
- Review open strings, bow hold and left hand position.
- Pages 1-21
- The week before lessons pass out your string schedule. Try to compile a schedule that groups students from the same class in the same instrument.
- Make sure students know what days to bring their instruments and what time their first lesson will be.
- Review all the material that they need to bring to class. Instrument, book, folder and practice card.
- Pass out new folders and practice cards so students are starting with fresh materials.
- Check the instrument size each student should check their arm length and see if they are ready for a new instrument.
- Before opening the book review with the students how to sit with their instrument, proper instrument care, how to old their bow and instrument with the correct hand position.
- Once students are settled start reviewing book I for the first week. Open strings, notes on the D string, tunnels, notes on the A string, reading notes on the staff, eighth notes. Solo on exercise 75 and 76.
- Make sure you bring all your materials on the day of your lesson/orchestra rehearsal.
- Practice cards will be checked each week. There should be 1 hour and a parent initial each week. Collect 18 stickers and pick a prize.
- The student that practices the most in any given month will get their picture on the practice card wall of fame.
Last Modified on September 12, 2012