How to Graph on New Excel (Excel 2008)
1. ENTER YOUR DATA INTO TWO ADJACENT COLUMNS (X-Y).2. HIGHLIGHT THE ALL THE INFORMATION YOU JUST ENTERED.
3. CHOOSE the “INSERT” RIBBON TAB.
4. CHOOSE “SCATTER”. Click “SCATTER WITH ONLY MARKERS” (TOP LEFT CHOICE) .
5. YOUR GRAPH SHOULD SHOW UP:
6. WITH THE CHART HIGHLIGHTED, CLICK “LAYOUT 1”, WHICH WILL GIVE YOUR AXIS TITLES.
7. To change the title, click the title and edit it. (The name of any graph in Mr. Neff’s class, is the name of the lab: the name of the graph.)
8. Fix the axis titles the same way. Be sure to include labels and units. Click on the legend and delete it.
9. Now we will add the line (or curve) of best fit. Excel calls this a “trendline.”
Right click on any one of the data points on the graph. You will see a menu come up. Choose Add Trendline…”
A menu will appear that will allow you to choose what type of trendline you would like to add (linear for straight lines, polynomial order 2 for quadradics, etc), give the trendline a name, extend it in either direction for extrapolation, or display the equation on the chart.
You may need to move your equation around to see it better.
To print your graph, you must decide what you want to print. If you want to print just the graph, click on it to select it before you print, but it you want the data and the graph, click off of the graph and click print.