Distinguished Achievement Awards
The Board of School Directors honors students and employees who have achieved state and national level recognition by presenting them with Distinguished Achievement Awards (DAA's). DAA's are presented at special ceremonies held immediately prior to regularly scheduled Board meetings. Parents of the awardees along with school principals and the nominating teachers, coaches and/or sponsors are also invited to attend.
The Distinguished Achievement Award Ceremonies for the 2019-2020 school year are scheduled for January 22, 2020 and May 20, 2020. The ceremonies will take place at 7 p.m. in the Carson Middle School auditorium.
Access the nomination form for the 2019-20 ceremonies here.
- Nominations for the January ceremony must be submitted no later than December 13, 2019.
- Nominations for the May ceremony must be submitted no later than April 24, 2020.
Criteria for a Distinguished Achievement Award:
- Must be school-related (school-sponsored or school-authorized)
- State awards in the 1st, 2nd, or 3rd place are recognized
- Multi-state or national awards in 1st - 10th place are recognized
- International awards are reviewed on a case-by-case basis for range of recognition
- The recipient must be a North Allegheny student or staff member
- Nominations must be made by a North Allegheny staff member
Please be prepared to provide detailed information about the award or the organization, such as a letter of acceptance, sample press release from the sponsoring entity, any other written information available about the contest or award if needed.