Distinguished Achievement Awards
The Board of School Directors honors students and employees who have achieved state and national level recognition by presenting them with Distinguished Achievement Awards (DAA's). DAA's are presented at special ceremonies held immediately prior to regularly scheduled Board meetings. Parents of the awardees along with school principals and the nominating teachers, coaches and/or sponsors are also invited to attend.
The Distinguished Achievement Award Ceremonies for the 2017-2018 school year are scheduled for January 24, 2018 and May 23, 2018. The ceremonies will take place at 7 p.m. in the Carson Middle School auditorium.
Nominations for the 2017-2018 School Year ceremonies closed on April 13, 2018. If you have students you would like to nominate for the Fall of 2018, please email DAA@northallegheny.org with the information.
Criteria for a Distinguished Achievement Award:
- Must be school related (school sponsored or school-authorized)
- State awards in the 1st, 2nd, or 3rd place are recognized
- Multi-state or national awards in 1st - 10th place are recognized
- International awards are reviewed on a case-by-case basis for range of recognition
- Recipient must be a North Allegheny student or staff member
Please attach detailed information about the award or the organization, such as a letter of acceptance, sample press release from sponsoring entity, any other written information available about the contest or award. The details are very important.