- Orchestra music
WARM UP/ REVIEW:
- Have students run through exercises on the G string
- P. 28 Counting 3’s
- Talk about ¾ and how it is different than 4/4
- French folk song
- After warming up on French Folk Song have students play sailor song.
- Did they figure out that it was the sponge bob theme? It has another name have the students play it for their parents to see if they can figure it out.
- Have students play this song as a solo if they feel comfortable using the bow and fingers together.
- On P. 29 students will see a curved line that connects two notes of the same pitch and different pitch.
- Show the students how to bow a slur and how you can fit many notes into one bow stroke.
- One is a slur and one is a tie. Do they know the difference? How do you play a slur and a tie? Can a student demonstrate?
- A tie adds the value of all the notes that are under or above the curved line.
- Have them play the
- How many notes can they slur together? Try to slow the bow down.
- Play through the exercises 108-110 and see if students can play crossing strings as a solo.
- Have students practice one measure at a time and then put the entire thing together.
- Practice orchestra music if there is time.
Practice cards/orchestra music stapled in for next lesson
Last Modified on March 5, 2012