Lesson # 28OBJECTIVE:
WARM UP/ REVIEW:
- Advanced Orchestra Music
- E string and C String
- Review the F natural and C natural
- Have students look at the low 2nd finger on your instrument and have them echo you.
- Have students turn to the E string and C string Page. Remind them that the notes are high and low that is how we use our
- String students should know what the last string on their instrument is. Have them turn to the page where the string is introduced.
- Ask them why is this on the E string or the C string? They should say because it is higher on the staff or lower on the staff.
- Have them play through the exercises with the CD and see if they are using the correct finger.
- Do the notes stay the same or do they change within each exercise? They should change and students should use a low 2nd finger on the E string when they play their violins.
- Have students turn to the Staccato.
- The staccato looks like a small dot that is above or below the note.
- Students should read the paragraph to see how to play a staccato. Ask if there is a student that could demonstrate?
- Show students how to play a staccato and have them echo you.
- Play the music with stopped bow stroke. Make sure that there is nice space between the notes.
- Have students play “I’m bringing home a baby bumble bee” and see if they can play the song with a stopped bow stroke.
- If there is time asked them to look at the next page and notice how they have a staccato and a tie above 2 notes. Ask them how would they play a smooth long and connected note with a stop in the bow???? Demonstrate for them and have they try it.
Last Modified on April 29, 2013