- Orchestra Music
- E String C String
WARM UP/ REVIEW:
- Work on any orchestra music that the students may have a question on.
- Have students play Ode to Joy with the CD. See if the student can do it for memory.
- Work on orchestra music for the Elementary string festival and the memorial day program.
- Have students turn to their last string. C string is on page 26 E string is on page 28.
- Ask them why is this on the E string or the C string? They should say because it is higher on the staff or lower on the staff.
- The E string is the thinnest of the string instruments. Because it is so thin they should not push so hard. I ask them to use a feather bow.
- The C string is the thickest string on the cello. The students will have to push into the string.
- Have students pizz. any exercise that they can’t play. At the end have students play a solo on the C and E string. Tell them that they will be using that string in orchestra and they will get to use it more next year.
- Have them play through the exercises with the CD and see if they are using the correct finger.
- Do the notes stay the same or do they change within each exercise? They should change and students should use a low 2nd finger on the E string when they play their violins.
Practice practice practice.
Last Modified on March 26, 2012