- Advanced Orchestra Music
- C natural
- C Natural and F Natural in same song
WARM UP/ REVIEW:
- Warm up on Ode to Joy and Boil them Cabbage
- Review the low 2nd finger on the D string.
- Have students play their solo from the previous week. The solo should be 114 gliding bows.
- Have students turn to the C natural page.
- Have students echo you playing an C -# and then an C- natural.
- Ask students what is the difference? How does it feel to play an C- natural
- Students should look in the key signature. They should recognize the C-# in the key signature. (That is why they have been playing the C-# this whole time)
- Now ask students what is in front of the C-natural note? Tell them it blocks the # that is in the key signature.
- Have students play ex. 117excercises with F-natural.
- Have them read ex. 118 sing the notes out loud. Then have the students play.
- Have students play ex. 119 spy guy. Tell them that it is the old bat man theme and they should practice it slow first and when they add speed it will sound like the theme from batman.
- Have the students play a low 1st finger. Tell them that this is an advanced note. Usually we get to it in 5th grade. Have the students echo you and try to move their finger back until it hits the nut.
- Practice cards
- Practice practice practice.
Last Modified on April 2, 2013