- Eighth notes
- Tempo Markings
WARM UP/ REVIEW:
- Have students turn to pp. 20 and warm up on Pepperoni Pizza
- Practice long and short bows
- Have students sing ta and ti ti.
- What is the new note on page 20? How do you count it in your music class? Is the note longer or shorter? Try to say the notes out loud.
- Now try to echo Mr. Morton. Play a few rhythms for the students and have them echo you.
- Now try to play rhythm rap on p. 20 and see if students can keep a steady beat.
- Have students try to play a solo on Rhythm Rap see if they can play on their own.
- when students play a:
- quarter note: should use a full, slow and long bow for one FULL beat
- Eighth note: should use less bow, faster bow for only a 1/2 a beat.
- Students should play a solo next week on ex. 70 or 71. They can pick one of the two songs for a solo for next week.
- When they are preparing this song they should break it up into 3 parts. the students should say the notes first, then pizz. the notes and finally they could try it with the bow.
- When the students feel comfortable they should try it with the CD. the cd's last track is ex 72.
- Ask students if they know another language? Show them the 3 tempo markings in the book Allegro, moderato, Andante. See if they can pronounce them in Italian.
- Show students the different tempos on the instrument.
- When they play their solo they should play it with the correct tempo.
- Students should practice Buckeye Salute P. 21 ex 73. Say then pizz., then bow.
- Students will play Buckeye Salute for an Evaluation next week. We will be looking for posture, bow hold, instrument position, left hand Position, note recognition and practice cards/materials. https://www.northallegheny.org/site/Default.aspx?PageID=4063
1. Posture/ Position:
2. Left Hand Technique:
3. Bow Hand/Arm:
4. Music Reading:
6. Listening skills
7. General Development:
- Practice card- [_______X Missed]
- Unexcused Absences [________X Missed]
- Responsibility (instrument and music ______X Missed)