- Bowing music with steps
- F# and C#
- Bow Lift
- Orchestra music
WARM UP/ REVIEW:
- P.16/17 Open D and Open A String
- Ex. 52 with a bow lift
- Have students use upper part of the bow, check the bow thumbs while they are playing make sure that they have a square bow thumb.
- Have students teeter totter on the D and A string feel where their arm is for each string.
- What is a bow lift demonstrate a bow lift and have students echo what you play.
- Ask students if they can play a solo on ex. 53? See if the students can make a clear sound.
- Then have students turn the page and have them attempt to play a song with fingers and bow
- Students should turn the page and work on bowing with G.
- Students should go through the 4 steps to play the instrument.
- 1-say, 2-pizz, 3-air bow, 4-play the whole thing.
- Try different steps and have students play.
- Assign a solo for Ex. 60 Elevator Down. Students should practice this song for next week.
- Have students look at Special ex. Have students fill n the bar lines for next week.
- Students should work on Orchestra music in the lesson. Ask if there are any sections that they think is hard.
- Have students play solo’s if there is time to perform.
- Students should prepare music for their concert and make sure that parents have received the letter below.
- Practice cards should be signed and filled in each week.
Last Modified on November 21, 2011