Supervisor of Special Education and Pupil ServicesGuinevere E. MaximoContact InformationGuinevere E. MaximoPhone: (412) 635-4110Email: email@example.comKelly CaldwellAdministrative AssistantPhone: (412) 635-4110Fax: (412) 369-5895Email: firstname.lastname@example.orgBiography
Ms. Maximo serves the North Allegheny School District as the Supervisor of Special Education and Pupil Services. Prior to arriving at North Allegheny in 2008, Ms. Maximo began her career as an Emotional Support teacher for the Brownsville Area School District. During her career as a Special Education Administrator, Ms. Maximo worked for the Brownsville Area School District, Burgettstown Area School District, Bethlehem-Center School District, and the Allegheny Intermediate Unit 3.
Ms. Maximo earned her Bachelor of Science degree from California State College in the areas of Mentally and Physically Handicapped and Elementary Education. She then completed her Special Education Supervisory Certificate and a Superintendent's Letter of Eligibility from the University of Pittsburgh.
As the Supervisor of Special Education and Pupil Services, Ms. Maximo’s duties include, but are not limited to:
- Assisting and contributing to the planning, organization, management, and coordination of special education programs.
- Evaluating existing programs as an on-going responsibility and recommending changes and additions as needed.
- Assisting in the hiring selection and recommendation of special education personnel.
- Directing, administering, coordinating, and collaborating with special education staff, building level administrators, and central office administrators to ensure compliance with regulations and laws of theCommonwealthofPennsylvaniaand the federal government.
- Evaluating, on an on-going basis, all special education programs, curriculum, procedures, and individual student’s needs and achievements.