NA Cyber Academy
The NA Cyber Academy offers families the option of full-time online instruction from NA teachers as a replacement for returning to a physical school building. The NA Cyber Academy will be the thirteenth school in the North Allegheny School District. NA teachers will provide online instruction leveraging curriculum from Edgenuity - a leading provider of K–12 online curriculum, as well as NA curriculum resources to create a blended learning solution. Instruction will include both synchronous and asynchronous learning.
NA Cyber Academy students will remain enrolled in the District and have access to District athletics, extra-curricular activities, and after-school functions that are available throughout the school year following the guidance of District, local, and commonwealth officials. This program also allows seniors to graduate with a diploma from the North Allegheny School District.
For the 2020-2021 school year,
- The NA Cyber Academy is available for any student with the commitment to continue full-time online instruction for at least an entire quarter.
- The coursework will be customized to align with NA's in-person instruction, allowing easier transitions back to the in-school environment.
- At the end of each quarter, parents/guardians can choose to enroll in In-Person Instruction. Additionally, those students receiving In-Person Instruction can enroll in NA Cyber Academy at the end of each quarter. If a student chooses to remain in NA Cyber Academy, no action is required by the family.
- The NA Cyber Academy will function as the 13th school within the District and provides the following:
- NA teachers will provide instruction for NA Cyber Academy.
- NA Cyber Academy will not be affected by a change in instructional delivery options based on additional guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, North Allegheny Health Services Department, North Allegheny School Physician, Allegheny County Department of Health, and the Pennsylvania Department of Education.