Return to School
During this unprecedented time of change, we know that the 2020-2021 school year will look different and we are implementing health and safety measures to protect our students, staff, and families.
The circumstances related to COVID-19 evolve rapidly, and we will update our plans frequently based on guidance from local, commonwealth, and national guidelines.
Second Quarter Instructional Learning Plan - October 6, 2020
On Monday, October 5, the North Allegheny Board of School Directors approved modifications to the instructional learning phase for the second quarter during a special voting meeting.
Approved items include:
- A recommendation to change the In-Person Instruction phase (currently Hybrid) for grades K-5 to be Full-time In-Person Instruction beginning on Wednesday, November 4.
- A recommendation to change the In-Person Instruction phase (currently Hybrid) phase for grades 6-8 to be Full-time In-Person Instruction beginning on Monday, November 16.
Students in grades 9-12 will remain in the Hybrid phase of the In-Person instruction option while the District explores ways to bring those students back to school full-time.
The end of the first quarter for grades 6-12 will move from November 10 to November 11, and the second quarter begins on Monday, November 16, 2020.
North Allegheny Cyber Academy will continue to be an option for those who desire a fully remote learning experience.
Today, Tuesday, October 6, parents/guardians will receive an email with a link to enroll students in an instruction option for the second quarter. Parents/guardians can choose between In-Person Instruction or remote learning through NA Cyber Academy. The deadline to complete this enrollment selection is Sunday, October 11.
- Parents/guardians will receive an individual email and link for each student currently enrolled in North Allegheny School District buildings, including NACA.
- The enrollment deadline is Sunday, October 11.
- A response is required for all students, even if you are electing to remain in your current school.
- Once enrolled, students will not be able to choose another instructional option until re-registration opens for the 3rd quarter on December 10.
To help inform decisions, the District has created a presentation for parents/guardians: