Welcome to the 2019-2020 School Year @ NAI!
Welcome to NAI. Whether you are a returning sophomore, incoming freshmen or new to the North Allegheny School District, we are excited to welcome you to the 2019-2020 school year. We hope you find this document helpful as you prepare for the start of your high school journey.
Tuesday, August 13
- Student Schedules: Student schedules will be accessible online on August 13th by utilizing the Parent Portal. Locker assignments and combinations are also available on the portal. All students will be provided with a finalized hard copy schedule in homeroom on opening day. Students should not share their locker combination with other students.
- Students requesting schedule changes: Schedule changes requests are considered only for mechanical error, placement in an inappropriate level of course, scheduling a course to meet graduation requirements, replacing a study hall with an elective without adjusting other aspects of the schedule, or counselor recommendation. The request form can be found using this LINK.
Wednesday, August 14
- “New to the district” student breakfast at 9:30 AM in the NAI Library
- Orientation at 10:30 AM in the NAI Auditorium. All incoming freshmen and new students are encouraged to join us for this informational session, activity fair and opportunity to find your lockers and walk your schedule. If you are unable to make this orientation, the presentations and activities will be posted to our website and we encourage you to come to NAI Walk Your Schedule Night on 8/22 from 6:00-7:30 p.m.
Thursday, August 22
- NAI Walk Your Schedule Night - 6:00 - 7:30 p.m.: Come to NAI to walk your schedule, open your lockers and become familiar with your new school. There will be no formal structure to this evening.
Tuesday, August 27
- Opening Day: Opening day for all students is Tuesday, August 27, 2019. Parents and students should expect information from our Transportation Office regarding bus number, bus stop location, and times. All students should report to their first period class by 7:23 a.m. The student day concludes at 2:15 p.m. First wave busses depart 2:20 p.m.; second wave busses begin boarding at 2:30 p.m. At dismissal time, each school bus is assigned a consistent parking space. Maps will be available to all students showing where their bus will be located after school. During opening week, busses are delayed a few minutes to ensure all students have boarded their assigned bus.
Wednesday, August 28
- Laptop Distribution for 9th grade and new students during Social Studies classes
- Laptop User Agreement Form must be signed before a laptop will be distributed.
- We encourage you to purchase insurance for each device - One2One Insurance Info.
The back to school publication for high school families, Progressions, is now available on the North Allegheny website. This PDF is a great resource for North Allegheny families and contains important information for the new school year. Please take a moment to review the information before the first day of school on August 27.
The 2019-2020 Activities Calendar was mailed via USPS to all North Allegheny families in late July. A PDF version of the calendar can be viewed on the North Allegheny website. Extra copies of the calendar are available in the NAI main office. A digital version of the calendar can also be found on the website.
Building-Level Newsletters (New for 2019-2020)
The North Allegheny School District strives to improve the efficiency of communication with and access to information for parents/guardians. Beginning in August 2019 and throughout the 2019-2020 school year, the District will send a building-specific email newsletter every Friday evening (except scheduled holiday breaks) to parents/guardians. This email will highlight the top happenings at each building, upcoming important dates, District information, and links to community flyers. Parents/guardians will only receive emails from their student’s building. An archive of emails will be available on the District website and updated with the latest newsletters each Monday morning.
Parent/guardian email addresses are collected at the time of registration and are used to share District and building-level communications, and to provide updates from the District’s online gradebook and student information system. It is important for parents/guardians to update any changes in their email address by contacting the building secretary.
We look forward to an exciting and rewarding year.
See you soon!