• About Our Schools

    School & Facilities Overview

    North Allegheny School District is an attractive community (pop. 45,000+) located twelve miles north of Pittsburgh. North Allegheny serves the municipalities of Bradford Woods Borough, Franklin Park Borough, Marshall Township and the Town of McCandless and encompasses a total of 48 square miles.

    Much of the District is suburban-residential. New housing developments and transferee's moving into the area help maintain a steady enrollment. A solid and growing tax base helps maintain economic stability. North Allegheny is the largest suburban school district in Allegheny County. The District is also one of the largest employers in the North Hills of Pittsburgh, employing over 1,000 people.

    The NASD facilities consist of:


    Central Administration Office

    200 Hillvue Lane, Pittsburgh, PA 15237
    412-366-2100

    • Size: 30,100 square feet
    • Established: 1969, when Carson Middle School was built.
    • Renovations: In 2005, the Central Administration Offices were expanded by 10,700 square feet to include additional offices for the Pupil Services Department, Superintendent and Assistant Superintendents, Board Room, conference room, entrance vestibule, restrooms, and an elevator to provide handicap accessibility. The existing Central Administration Offices were renovated and reconfigured to provide office spaces for the Human Resources, Staff Development, Business Office and the School and Community Relations departments. This building was also modified to provide additional conference rooms, restrooms, print shop space, and storage rooms.

    Facilities and Transportation

    400 Hillvue Lane, Pittsburgh, PA 15237
    Facilities: 412-369-5432
    Transportation: 412-369-5500

    • Size: 22,689 square feet
    • Established: 1985, as a Transportation facility.
    • Renovations: In 2003, the existing Transportation Building was renovated to provide office and shop space for the Facilities Department. On the second floor of this building, new offices were created for the Facilities Department staff along with Transportation and Assets Departments and a new conference room. In addition, this building was renovated with new HVAC, electrical distribution upgrades, telephone and data systems, roofing, windows and doors, and lighting. Included as part of this project was a new, 3,185 square foot pre-engineered metal garage building for the Maintenance Department vehicles and a new parking lot for 35 vehicles.

    Bradford Woods Elementary School (BWE)

    Forest Road, Bradford Woods, PA 15015
    724-935-5081

    The structure is a combination of one and two stories. The building is totally heated and air-conditioned through the use of unit ventilators.

    • Size: 72,027 square feet on 7.24 acres
    • Established: 1916, as a two-room schoolhouse.
    • Renovations: 1956 - Reconstruction expanded the school to six rooms.
      1962 - Expanded to 12 rooms
      1972 - Expanded to 18 rooms. Students from the old Marshall School were transferred here.
      1991 - Completed school renovation and modernization, featuring 21 classrooms.
      2014 - The rubber roofing, fire alarm, PA systems, multi-purpose room flooring/folding door, and bleachers were replaced.
      2015-2016 - Renovations included the work required to address maintenance and repairs required due to the age of the facility. The renovations work included the replacement of the HVAC and Energy Management systems, windows, lighting, kitchen equipment, sidewalks, restroom partitions, plumbing fixtures, exterior doors, Art Room area, re-coating of the roof areas that were replaced in 2000, and repainting of the standing seam roof.

    Franklin Elementary School (FES)

    2401 Rochester Road, Sewickley, PA 15143
    412-366-9663

    The structure is a combination of one and two stories. The building is totally heated and air-conditioned through the use of unit ventilators.

    • Size: 63,036 square feet on 20 acres
    • Established: 1936, with four rooms. Consolidated enrollment from all six one-room schools in the area (Forsyth, Fairmont, Neely, Brandt, McDevitt and Simpson).
    • Renovations: 1950 - Expanded to eight rooms
      1952 - Expanded to 12 rooms
      1966 - Expanded to 18 rooms
      1992 - Established award-winning “Gateways” program for inclusion of handicapped students
      1999 - The renovations included upgrades to the building shell including the replacement of the windows and doors, HVAC systems, and lighting, electrical service and distribution. Other work consisted of the installation of telephone and data outlets in all areas, site improvements, main water line replacement, and installation of a sewage pump station. The additions consisted of ten new classrooms, a full-size gym with a wooden floor, a new stage, a new kitchen, a new main entrance, a new boiler room, and the expansion of the existing library.
      2008 - The roof on a portion of the building was replaced.

    Hosack Elementary School (HES)

    9275 Peebles Road, Allison Park, PA 15101
    412-366-9664

    The structure is two stories. The building is totally heated and air-conditioned through the use of unit ventilators.

    • Size: 61,333 square feet on 27 acres
    • Established: 1972, with 18 rooms. Named for Dr. Ivan G. Hosack, President of North Allegheny's Joint School Board from the District's inception in 1948 until 1965. Innovative architecture features “open classrooms” style with library in the center.
    • Renovations: 1999 - Additions/renovations included replacement of the roof, upgrading the HVAC lighting and electrical systems, installation of partial walls, and reconfiguration of the existing building for art, music and library areas. The additions consisted of four new classrooms, a new multi-purpose room, a new kitchen, a new stage, new restrooms, and a new administrative office area.
      2013 - Walls and doors were installed on the open classrooms throughout the building
      2015 - The driveways, parking lot and sidewalks were replaced.

    Ingomar Elementary School (IES)

    602 W. Ingomar Road, Pittsburgh, PA 15237
    412-366-9665

    The structure is a combination of one and two stories. The building is totally heated and air-conditioned through the use of unit ventilators.

    • Size: 61,452 square feet on 5.65 acres
    • Established: Original one-room school established on this site circa 1910
    • Renovations: 1916 - expanded to four rooms. Consolidated McCandless one-room schools of Willoughby, Logan and Walters.
      1959 - Expanded to 10 rooms
      1960 - Oldest frame portion was destroyed by a fire. The school was rebuilt and expanded to 12 rooms.
      1999 - Addition/renovations included upgrades to the building shell including the replacement of the existing windows and doors, HVAC systems, lighting and electric service and distribution. Other work consisted of installation of telephone and data outlets in all areas and reconfiguration of the existing building for the library, art, and music areas, and replacement of the main water and sewer lines. The additions consisted of two new classrooms, a new multi-purpose room, a new stage and a new kitchen.
      2009 - The roof on a portion of the building was replaced

    Marshall Elementary School (MES)

    5135 Wexford Run Road, Wexford, PA 15090
    724-935-4044

    The structure is two stories. The building is totally heated and air-conditioned through the use of unit ventilators.

    • Size: 115,894 square feet on 92.79-acre campus
    • Established: 1992, on the Shenot Farm site with 50 classrooms. Thoroughly modern facilities include air conditioning and fully equipped science and computer labs.
    • Renovations: 2009 - The kitchen parking lot paving was replaced
      2014 - The rubber roofing, fire alarm, PA systems, and parking lot paving were replaced.
      2015-2016 - Renovations included the work required to address maintenance and repairs required due to the building's age. The renovations work included the replacement of the HVAC and Energy Management systems, windows, lighting, some of the kitchen equipment, sidewalks, restroom partitions, plumbing fixtures, carpeting, exterior doors, folding walls, emergency generator, and the construction of a small vestibule addition at the Cafeteria and student drop off/pick up driveway.

    McKnight Elementary School (MCK)

    500 Cumberland Road, Pittsburgh, PA 15237
    412-635-4105

    The structure is a combination of one and two stories. The building is totally heated and air-conditioned through the use of unit ventilators.

    • Size: 122,361 square feet on 13.7-acre campus
    • Established: This facility was originally two separate buildings. The west wing was constructed by the District in 1955. It was originally built with 12 rooms, and expanded to 18 rooms in 1969.
      The east wing was built in 1963 as the Cumberland Hills Special Education Center. It was acquired in 1987 from Northern Area Special Purpose Schools.
    • Renovations: 1987 - Walkway built, connecting the east and west wings.
      1999 - Additions/renovations included upgrades to the building shells including the replacement of the windows and doors, HVAC systems, lighting, electric service and distribution. Other work consisted of the installation of data and telephone lines in all areas, the reconfiguration of the existing buildings for art, music, kindergarten, psychological services areas, and a future board room. The kitchen and cafeteria were expanded in the eastern portion and an elevator was added at rear for the two story section in the western section of the building. The roof was replaced on western section of the building. The addition of the full-size gym with seating for 200 and library in the center of the building completely integrated the two buildings.
      2010 - The roof on eastern section of the building was replaced
      2014 - The parking lot and driveway paving was replaced

    Peebles Elementary School (PES)

    8625 Peebles Road, Pittsburgh, PA 15237
    412-366-9667

    The structure is one story. The building is totally heated and air-conditioned through the use of unit ventilators.

    • Size: 60,275 square feet on 20.127 acres
    • Established: Was the first McCandless school, established 1860 as a one-room log cabin. The two-room Peebles School (now Colaizzi's Hair Salon) was used until 1952. The current school was established in 1952 with six rooms.
    • Renovations: 1953 - Expanded to 12 rooms
      1966 - Expanded to 18 rooms
      1999 - Additions/renovations included upgrades to the building shell including the windows and doors, HVAC systems, lighting, electric service and distribution, and new water and gas service lines. Other work consisted of the installation of telephone and data outlets in all areas and the reconfiguration of the existing building for administrative offices, kindergarten area, library area, and a computer room. The addition consisted of a new music classroom and practice rooms, a new faculty lounge, a new multi-purpose room, a new stage, a new kitchen, and a new elevator.
      2008 - The roof on a portion of the building was replaced

    Carson Middle School (CMS)

    300 Hillvue Lane Pittsburgh, PA 15237
    412-369-5520

    The structure is two stories. The building is totally heated and air-conditioned through the use of unit ventilators.

    • Size: 179,226 square feet on 25-acre campus
    • Established: 1969 on Cole site as 47-room Intermediate High School (grades 9 & 10). Named for Dr. Thomas E. Carson, who was instrumental in the jointure of the district in 1948, and served as its first superintendent. In 1974, it became a middle school for grades 6, 7, and 8.
    • Renovations: 2005 - Additions for three new art rooms, two new science rooms, one new general purpose classroom, and a new gymnasium entrance vestibule. This project also included upgrades to the building shell, including the windows and doors, HVAC systems, lighting, electrical service and distribution, roof replacement, and handicap accessibility. Other work included installation of telephone and data lines in all areas of the building, reconfiguration of the existing CMS building for art, music, special education areas, science, computer classrooms, etc. In addition to renovations and updates to the kitchen and cafeteria.
      2010 - A portion of the Cumberland Campus Trail along the baseball field was constructed
      2013 - The network switches and servers were replaced
      2014 - The emergency generator and the uninterruptible power supply for the IT server room were installed

    Ingomar Middle School (IMS)

    Ingomar Heights Road, Pittsburgh, PA 15237
    412-348-1470

    The structure is a combination of one and two stories. The building is totally heated and air-conditioned through the use of unit ventilators.

    • Size: 114,875 square feet on 20.4 acres
    • Established: 1958 with 32 rooms as the District's first junior high (grades 7, 8 and 9). In 1974, it became Ingomar Middle School, housing students in grades 6, 7 and 8.
    • Renovations: 2005 - Additions at this building included a new library, fitness room, art and computer room expansions, a general purpose classroom, new gym, and main entrance vestibules. This project also included upgrades to the building shell including the windows and doors, HVAC systems, lighting, electrical service and distribution, replacement of the roof and handicap accessibility. Other work included the installation telephone and data lines in all areas of the building, reconfiguration of the existing IMS building for music, special education areas, science, student drop-off entrance. In addition, there were renovations and updates in the kitchen and cafeteria areas. Site improvements included replacement of all of the existing driveways, parking lots and sidewalks, along with the installation of new site lighting and the construction of additional parking on the far end of the building for a total of 252 parking spaces.
      2010 - An additional 50 student lockers were installed
      2013 - The network switches and servers were replaced

    Marshall Middle School (MMS)

    5145 Wexford Run Road, Wexford, PA 15090
    724-934-6060

    The structure is two stories. The building is totally heated and air-conditioned through the use of unit ventilators.

    • Size: 161,244 square feet on 92.79-acre campus
    • Established: 1993 on the Shenot Farm site with 63 classrooms. The thoroughly modern facility includes air-conditioning and fully equipped science and computer labs.
    • Renovations: 2008 - The tennis courts were replaced
      2009 - The auditorium parking lot paving was replaced
      2010 - An outdoor classroom was constructed
      2013 - The wood windows and doors and data wiring and network switches were replaced
      2014 - The rubber roofing, fire alarm, PA systems and the gym parking lot paving were replaced
      2015-2016 - Renovations included the work required to address maintenance and repairs required due to the age of the facility. This renovations work included the replacement of the HVAC and Energy Management systems, Family and Consumer Science classroom areas, lighting, some of the kitchen equipment, sidewalks, restroom partitions, plumbing fixtures, carpeting, exterior doors, folding walls, Auditorium sound and light systems, gym bleachers, gym floor refinishing, and the construction of an additional Music classroom.

    North Allegheny Intermediate High School (NAI)

    350 Cumberland Road, Pittsburgh, PA 15237
    412-369-5530

    The structure is one story. The building is totally heated and air-conditioned through the use of unit ventilators.

    • Size: 222,267 square feet on 60.1 acres
    • Established: 1954 on the 152-acre Cole Farm, bought by the School Board in 1945 for $30,000. Dr. Jonas Salk was a guest speaker at the opening day dedication.
    • Renovations: 1954-58 - 33 room Junior/Senior High for grades 7-12 (Prior NA high schoolers attended West View Junior/Senior High)
      1957 and 1963 - Additions expanded the building to 45 rooms
      1958-74 - Was the NA Senior High, housing grades 10-12.
      1974 to present - Houses grades 9 and 10
      1997 - Renovations included upgrades to the building shell, HVAC systems, electric service and distribution, water service, and miscellaneous site improvements. Other work consisted of installation of telephone and data outlets in all areas. The additions consisted of a new full-size gym with seating for 400, eight new classrooms, four new science labs, a guidance suite, and an expanded cafeteria and cafeteria foyer.
      2009 - The freezer was replaced, the loading dock was reconfigured, the driveway was replaced, and the gym parking lot paving was replaced. A bike storage shed was constructed.
      2010 - Elevators to the Cafeteria and Technology Education areas were added and the construction of the portion of the Cumberland Campus Trail around the fields was completed
      2012 - The replacement of the fire alarm system, emergency generator, upper gym bleachers, stage rigging and lighting, the gym, a portion of the student lockers, the data wiring and network switches, and the resurfacing of the track was completed.
      2013 - The Energy Management System and the four roof-top HVAC units for the Library and Rooms 26 and 35 were replaced.
      2014 - The front, back, and side parking lot paving and security cameras were replaced.
      2016 - The storm water piping in the area behind the building was replaced

    North Allegheny Senior High School (NASH)

    10375 Perry Highway Wexford, PA 15090
    724-934-7200

    The structure is three stories. The building is totally air-conditioned and heated by rooftop air handling units.

    • Size: 288,995 square feet on 77-acre campus
    • Established: 1974 as a 67-room school for grades 11 and 12
    • Renovations: 2001-2003 - Renovations included to the building shell, HVAC systems, electric service and distribution, water service, and various site improvements. Other work consisted of the installation of telephone and data outlets in all areas. The additions consisted of a full-size gym with seating for 2,100, four new classrooms, six new special education classrooms, an expanded greenhouse, expansion of the auditorium with seating for 1,400, a new band room, a new boiler/chiller room, new handicap accessible locker rooms at the pool, new Athletic Department offices, new gym restrooms, and a new gym entrance with a lobby.
      2009 - Lighting was installed for the baseball and softball fields
      2011 - The nine tennis courts were replaced

    The Baierl Center (Student and Community Center)

    10375 Perry Highway, Wexford, PA 15090
    724-935-7238

    • Size: 48,000 square feet on NASH's 77-acre campus
    • Established: 2002 - The Baierl Center was named in honor of Bill Baierl, President of the Baierl Family of Dealerships, who donated $358,000 to the project. The Baierl Center is one of the premier educational and recreational facilities among school districts in the nation. The 48,000 square foot, $5 million Center is located on the campus of the NA Senior High and is dedicated to the educational, athletic, developmental, and community needs of the children and citizens in the North Allegheny area.
    • Renovations: 2014 - The multi-purpose room and track flooring was refinished and the training room flooring was replaced
      2016 - The Energy Management System and the underground electrical service and the main electrical panel were replaced

    There are two unique aspects to the creation of the Center. First, it is a true citizen-initiated effort designed to fill a recognized, but unmet, need in the community. Second, the vast majority of the money and skills necessary to build the Center came from individual and company donations. It is the hope of the citizens who made this Center possible that it will help in the development of our children into well-rounded and productive citizens and in providing an enhanced qualify of life for North Allegheny families.

    Newman Stadium

    10375 Perry Highway, Wexford, PA 15090

    • Size: 7,200 square feet on NASH's 77-acre campus
    • Established: 1975 - Named for Superintendent Dr. Carl E. Newman and seating 5,000, the stadium included a grass playing surface and a track and field area, and did not have playing field lights. The lockers rooms, weight rooms, and storage areas are heated by hot water air handling units.
    • Renovations: 1990 - The grass field was replaced by artificial turf and field lights were added
      2000 - The artificial turf was replaced, an additional 2,500 bleacher seats were added, and the press box was expanded.
      2001 - A new track was installed
      2008 - The track was resurfaced and the artificial turf was replaced
      2013 - The heating boilers and domestic hot water heater were replaced
      2015 - The gas line serving the Stadium was replaced
      2016 - The track was resurfaced and the artificial turf was replaced. The new entrance columns were constructed and he air handling units for the areas under the Stadium were replaced.