July 17, 2020 In-Person Commencement Update
July 9, 2020 - 9:00 a.m.
On July 8, the Allegheny County Health Department issued a new order that restricts all outdoor events and gatherings over 50 people through July 24. Given this news, we will no longer be able to move forward with the In-Person Commencement as planned on Friday, July 17, 2020.
We understand the disappointment that comes with this news. This decision was not made lightly. We continue to focus on the health and safety of our students, staff, and families. With that in mind, and with the new Allegheny County order, we arrived at this decision.
We know how important it is for students to stand in Newman Stadium and receive their diploma. Therefore, we are planning a way for graduates to have that experience.
On July 16 and 17, graduates are invited to Newman Stadium for the culminating event for our seniors, The Class of 2020 Senior Send-Off. On each of these days:
- Graduates will select a timeslot to receive their diploma (the link to sign up is provided below).
- Each student can bring up to four family members. Tickets are not required.
- Students are encouraged to wear their cap and gown. A professional photographer will capture the memory and a digital copy of the photograph will be made available to you.
Here is what you need to do next:
- Sign up for your time slot on July 16 or 17
- July 16 - 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
- July 17 - 11:30 a.m. - 8:00 p.m.
If you have already picked up your diploma and would like to participate, please sign up for a time slot and bring your diploma with you.
On the day of your time slot:
- Report to Newman Stadium 10 minutes before your assigned time. Park as close to Newman Stadium as possible.
- Once you exit your vehicle, a NA staff member will direct you on where to enter Newman Stadium.
- Graduates will receive their diploma on the field.
- After receiving their diplomas and taking a picture, students and guests must immediately exit Newman Stadium and the NASH campus.
All attendees are required to wear masks. Please keep at least six feet of distance between families.
If you are not feeling well, are exhibiting any symptoms of COVID-19, have been in contact with someone showing symptoms of COVID-19, or have been in contact with anyone who has tested positive for COVID-19, please stay home.
Given the uncertainty now and in the next few months, North Allegheny will not be planning any additional events that bring together the Class of 2020.
“The attendee voluntarily assumes all risks associated with attending the event with respect to the COVID-19 pandemic and the potential transmission of the virus. The attendee releases, waives, and discharges the District, its employees, directors, and officers from any and all loss, damage, or death resulting from the attendance at this event. Further, the attendee agrees to abide by all CDC and District guidelines, including, but not limited to, social distancing, hygiene protection, and masking requirements. It is further understood and agreed that failure to abide by those requirements could result in being denied admittance to the event and/or removal from District property.”
We understand that you may have some questions. Please feel free to reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.