The new lessons for the week of 4/13/2020 have been posted
Google Classroom Commenting Do's and Dont's
I love hearing from all of you, please use the comments respectfully. Please try not to comment several times in a row and please only address comments to me. The comment section should not be used to try and talk with everyone. Here is a quick list of dos and don'ts:
- ask me questions
- inform me you have practice
- inform me of any problems you are having with the assignment or instrument
- treat the comments with the same respect you would give me
- use the comments to talk with friends
- post several comments in a row before I have the chance to see them
- comment on things that are not related to orchestra.
- post anything that is inappropriate for school, mean, or hurtful
If i see inappropriate use of commenting, I will have to turn off your ability to comment.
New Lesson Posted:
The video lesson and assignment for the week of 3/30/2020 - 4/5/2020 has been posted.
Orchestra Update 4
Hello Orchestra Students and Parents!
I’m sure some of you are wondering what Orchestra lessons are going to look like in the coming weeks. The plan will be simple and hopefully stress free and fun:
For the next 2 weeks, I will post a new video lesson to watch, play along with, and hopefully learn some new skills that won’t require too much of my direct personal attention. I will post these videos on Mondays (3/30 and 4/6) at 8 a.m. to both google classroom and my website. These videos will come with a set of homework practice directions, and students will be required to take a video of whatever song I assign that week. You can submit the video to me via google classroom and there will be an upcoming announcment to explain that process for anyone who doesn’t know how to do that. The videos will not be graded, they are simply a means for me to give feedback on skills and development. There will also be a new practice chart for each week that students can fill in and return to me when school resumes. The assignment details will be emailed directly parents as well so you can be aware of what the assignments contain.
This Website is best place to find all of this information week to week. It is also where you can find video instructions on how to tune the instruments and videos about very minor repairs (coming soon). Starting Wednesday (3/25) all assignment directions and details will be posted under the tab titled “Remote Learning”. There are also professional recordings of the concert music to listen to, videos of amazing soloists performing famous works on each of the instruments, and fun videos like the “Ice Orchestra” or “Super Mario violin”. I will be gathering and creating more content to post on my website as well so stay posted!
So, just to summarize what will be happening in the next two weeks:
- New video lesson each week on Mondays at 8 a.m.
- Videos are posted to google classroom and website
- Assignment instructions will be sent via google classroom, my website, and email
- Next week (3/30) students will start submitting the homework videos described in the assignment instructions
- My website has instructions for parents about Tuning the instruments
- Assignments can be found in the “remote learning” tab of my website
- There are engaging videos to watch on my website
- More things to come so keep posted!
Thank you for your dedication during these times. As always, I am here to address any questions or concerns you may have in the next two weeks. Stay safe, stay healthy, and most of all stay positive!
- Mr. Whitt