Students are asked to check their Google Classroom for all assignments. Each week assignments will be posted on Monday morning. Students have all week to complete the various skills and assignments, but most importantly I hope that they keep playing and having fun on their Instruments!!
4/6 (Spring Break) Lesson:
Hello Orchestra Students,
I hope that everyone has a great Spring Break. No assignments this week, but to keep your mind active and give you something fun to try check out the 2 items below.
#1. Smart Music- Ask your parents to upload Smart Music from an e-mail that I sent them and log in with a username/password. See if you can find some new song to play in this program. From their main home page try some of the options below if you can access it:
• Click- method book icon, type in Essential Elements to access to your school book 1, 2, and 3.
• Click- method book icon, type in Suzuki and find book 1-8. In Book 1, the first 5 songs should be fun and easy to play with a nice piano part.
• (For the orchestra experience) Click- band/orchestra icon, select string orchestra, click difficulty and select beginning, Very Easy, Easy, Medium Easy, Medium, Medium Advanced. 3rd grade beginning-Very Easy, 4th grade Beginning - Easy, 5th grade- Very Easy-Medium
• There is also a SmartMusic app in self service (on your I-pad) that you can use once your parents give you a log in name and password on their home computer.
- Here is a How to use Smart Music link by Mrs. Semanco String Teacher at Bradfordwoods.
My son discovered (on his school I pad in smart music) that there are over 360 orchestra songs that he can open, play along with, read music, and hear an orchestra play. The songs are in alphabetical order.
#2. Music Tutor- We did the attached lesson/program back in October, but it would be great to see if you can practice the note names on your staff over the Spring Break. Because there are only 2 days this week it would be a fun/easy project to see if EVERYONE can play Music Tutor several times over break, take a snap shot of your high score, and attach it to this assignment from your photo gallery. I think that Nathan Phillips or Milania had the highest score last time:) You can still upload Music Tutor to your I-pad if you do not have it. (Follow the attached instructions to put in the correct settings for your instrument.)
Good luck and have a great Spring Break!!