COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Information
North Allegheny School District Buildings Closed through May 1
North Allegheny School District school buildings will remain closed through at least May 1, 2020. During this time, all school activities continue to be postponed. We will continue to monitor the length of our school closure over the coming weeks and determine if this needs to be extended.
Continuity of Education
We will continue with our continuity of education plan for the duration of the closure of our buildings. Details on continuity of education can be found through the links below.
NA Facilities Closed and Future Communications
Tuesday, March 31, 5:00 p.m.
School District Buildings and Facilities are Closed
All North Allegheny School District buildings and facilities are closed through at least Friday, May 1. This includes all playgrounds, fields, courts, and other indoor and outdoor facilities. All District athletic activities are postponed and all facility use permits and requests have been canceled.
The District is working with local police departments and security contractors to ensure that these facilities are not accessed during the current school closure. Custodial and maintenance teams are not maintaining the facilities and continued unauthorized use poses the risk of contamination, damage, and other safety issues. We encourage you to get outside and exercise, however, our focus is on the safety and security of our students, staff, and community. Please continue to follow the social distancing guidelines that have been established by the state and federal government. We appreciate your understanding and support as we work through these challenging times.
In the past few weeks, there was a great need to communicate daily to make sure all families were updated with the latest information. As we are settling into a steady remote learning routine, our emails will become less frequent, though we assure you that we will continue to update you with vital information.
- March 31, 5:00 p.m.-NA Facilities Closed and Future Communications
- March 30, 4:10 p.m.-Updated Closure Information: NA Buildings Closed Through At Least May 1
- March 26, 4:15 p.m.-Weekly Building Newsletters, Remote Learning Resources, and more!
- March 25, 4:50 p.m.-Remote Learning Updates
- March 24, 4:50 p.m.-Upcoming School Schedule
- March 23, 4:45 p.m.-Updated Closure Information: NA Buildings Closed Through April 13
- March 22, 12:00 p.m.-Updated Info for Secondary Students: Remote instruction begins tomorrow (Monday, March 23)
- March 22, 12:00 p.m.-Updated Info and Reminders: Remote Learning Plan for Elementary Students
- March 20, 3:15 p.m.-Remote Learning Plan for Elementary Students
- March 20, 3:15 p.m.-Secondary Remote Learning; Scheduling Deadlines Changed
- March 20, 3:30 p.m.-Special Education Services Updates
- March 19, 4:50 p.m.-Remote Learning for Elementary Students/Statewide Assessments Canceled
- March 19, 4:50 p.m.-Remote Learning for Secondary Students/Statewide Assessments Canceled
- March 18, 4:50 p.m.-Remote Instruction to Begin on Monday, March 23
- March 17, 5:30 p.m.-March 17 - NASD Closure Updates-Continuity of education, meal service, and more
- March 16, 5:30 p.m.-Updates on NASD Closure Details including, pickup of student medication/personal items, continuity of education plan, food service, and more
- March 15, 9:30 p.m.-All NASD Buildings Closed on Monday, March 16
- March 13, 7:00 p.m.-UPDATED DETAILS: North Allegheny School District Classes Canceled For Two Weeks Starting Monday, March 16, 2020
- March 13, 2:00 p.m.-North Allegheny School District Classes Canceled For Two Weeks Starting Monday, March 16, 2020
- March 12, 4:30 p.m.-NA Update Regarding Coronavirus Plans
- March 11-North Allegheny Implements Events and Facility Usage Guidelines Pertaining to Coronavirus
- March 10-Coronavirus Preparedness Plan
- March 3-Coronavirus Preventive Safety Measures
- February 4-Information Regarding Coronavirus Monitoring
North Allegheny Resources
- Continuity of Education Plan
- Elementary Online Learning Resources
- Middle School Online Learning Resources
- High School Online Learning Resources
- Meal Pickup for Free/Reduced Lunch Students During School Closure
- Too Sick for School?
- Allegheny County-Information for Residents
- CDC-Coronavirus Disease 2019 Information for Travel
- CDC-Handwashing: Clean Hands Save Lives
- CDC-Official Coronavirus Information
- CDC-Steps to Prevent Illness
- CDC-Travelers Returning from High Risk Countries
- For Kids: Hand Washing Activity Color Book
- For Kids: Henry the Hand Activity Book
- For Kids: NSF International Scrub Club
- National Association of School Psychologists-Talking to Children About COVID-19 (Coronavirus): A Parent Resource
- PA Department of Health-Coronavirus Home Page
- PA Department of Health-Self-Monitor and Practice Social Distancing