COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Information
North Allegheny School District Buildings Closed for the Remainder of the School Year
North Allegheny School District school buildings are closed for the remainder of the school year. During this time, all school activities continue to be postponed.
When schools were officially closed in March to comply with the Governor's stay-at-home order, we also closed all school facilities, including outdoor fields, courts, playgrounds, etc. out of concern that the limited staff may not be able to maintain the facilities. Starting Friday, May 22 the District is reopening outside facilities following the guidelines below:
- All District outdoor facilities (fields, playgrounds, basketball courts, tennis courts, etc.) will be open for general use by the public. This does not include Newman Stadium.
- Contact sports and organized practices are prohibited.
- Facilities are not available for rent.
- Social distancing guidelines must be maintained.
Continuity of Education
We will continue with our continuity of education plan for the duration of the closure of our buildings. Details on continuity of education can be found through the links below.
- April 9, 1:30 p.m.-School Buildings Closed for Remainder of School Year, Updated Remote Learning Guidelines, Meals for All Students
- March 31, 5:00 p.m.-NA Facilities Closed and Future Communications
- March 30, 4:10 p.m.-Updated Closure Information: NA Buildings Closed Through At Least May 1
- March 26, 4:15 p.m.-Weekly Building Newsletters, Remote Learning Resources, and more!
- March 25, 4:50 p.m.-Remote Learning Updates
- March 24, 4:50 p.m.-Upcoming School Schedule
- March 23, 4:45 p.m.-Updated Closure Information: NA Buildings Closed Through April 13
- March 22, 12:00 p.m.-Updated Info for Secondary Students: Remote instruction begins tomorrow (Monday, March 23)
- March 22, 12:00 p.m.-Updated Info and Reminders: Remote Learning Plan for Elementary Students
- March 20, 3:15 p.m.-Remote Learning Plan for Elementary Students
- March 20, 3:15 p.m.-Secondary Remote Learning; Scheduling Deadlines Changed
- March 20, 3:30 p.m.-Special Education Services Updates
- March 19, 4:50 p.m.-Remote Learning for Elementary Students/Statewide Assessments Canceled
- March 19, 4:50 p.m.-Remote Learning for Secondary Students/Statewide Assessments Canceled
- March 18, 4:50 p.m.-Remote Instruction to Begin on Monday, March 23
- March 17, 5:30 p.m.-March 17 - NASD Closure Updates-Continuity of education, meal service, and more
- March 16, 5:30 p.m.-Updates on NASD Closure Details including, pickup of student medication/personal items, continuity of education plan, food service, and more
- March 15, 9:30 p.m.-All NASD Buildings Closed on Monday, March 16
- March 13, 7:00 p.m.-UPDATED DETAILS: North Allegheny School District Classes Canceled For Two Weeks Starting Monday, March 16, 2020
- March 13, 2:00 p.m.-North Allegheny School District Classes Canceled For Two Weeks Starting Monday, March 16, 2020
- March 12, 4:30 p.m.-NA Update Regarding Coronavirus Plans
- March 11-North Allegheny Implements Events and Facility Usage Guidelines Pertaining to Coronavirus
- March 10-Coronavirus Preparedness Plan
- March 3-Coronavirus Preventive Safety Measures
- February 4-Information Regarding Coronavirus Monitoring
North Allegheny Resources
- Continuity of Education Plan
- Elementary Online Learning Resources
- Middle School Online Learning Resources
- High School Online Learning Resources
- Meal Pickup for Free/Reduced Lunch Students During School Closure
- Too Sick for School?
- Allegheny County-Information for Residents
- CDC-Coronavirus Disease 2019 Information for Travel
- CDC-Handwashing: Clean Hands Save Lives
- CDC-Official Coronavirus Information
- CDC-Steps to Prevent Illness
- CDC-Travelers Returning from High Risk Countries
- For Kids: Hand Washing Activity Color Book
- For Kids: Henry the Hand Activity Book
- For Kids: NSF International Scrub Club
- National Association of School Psychologists-Talking to Children About COVID-19 (Coronavirus): A Parent Resource
- PA Department of Health-Coronavirus Home Page
- PA Department of Health-Self-Monitor and Practice Social Distancing