The North Allegheny School District strives to improve the efficiency of communication with and access to information for parents/guardians. Throughout the 2020-2021 school year, the District will send a building-specific email newsletter every Friday evening (except scheduled holiday breaks) to parents/guardians. This email will highlight the top happenings at each building, upcoming important dates, District information, and links to community flyers. Parents/guardians will only receive emails from their student’s building.
Parent/guardian email addresses are collected at the time of registration and are used to share District and building-level communications, and to provide updates from the District’s online gradebook and student information system. It is important for parents/guardians to update any changes in their email address by contacting the building secretary.
The weekly emails will be archived on the District website at https://www.northallegheny.org/Page/30452. At the beginning of each school week by 11:30 a.m., the archive will be updated to include the email sent the previous Friday. All emails from the 2020-21 school year will be posted to the archive and kept there for the entirety of the school year.
The North Allegheny School District often receives requests for the distribution of athletics and approved non-profit community organization digital flyers. Throughout the 2020-2021 school year, the District will send a building-specific email newsletter every Friday evening (except scheduled holiday breaks) to parents/guardians. This email will highlight the top happenings at each building, upcoming important dates, District information, and links to community flyers posted on the District website.
All requests for community flyers to be included in this newsletter must be submitted via email only at email@example.com. Flyers will only be posted and removed from the District website on Friday. Flyers will be posted on the NASD website at www.northallegheny.org/Page/30690.
- Flyers must be emailed in PDF format.
- Flyers must include the following disclaimer: “The North Allegheny School District does not endorse this program/event/organization.”
- Emails must include a start and end date for the flyer posting. Flyers cannot be posted for more than one month.
- All information must be received and approved at least eight days before the requested date of posting/distribution. Applications will be processed and replied to within this time.
All flyer submission requests will be subject to the following approval criteria, according to the discretion of designated District representatives:
- The purpose of information must be deemed compatible with the approved objectives of NASD.
- There will be no for-profit advertising allowed, whether it is direct or indirect in its focus.
- Non-profit organizations wishing to share information must provide the organization’s 501(c)(3) EIN when submitting. No exceptions will be made.
- There will be no political references or affiliations on materials circulated.
- There will be no references or affiliations with religious organizations.
- There will be no solicitation of goods or services by any non-profit organization.
- Contest information will not be distributed.
- The District will not provide any services in the area of graphic design to community organizations.
- No flyers can specify or imply that any District employees will provide follow-up services or assistance on behalf of programs sponsored by the community.
- Flyers will not be approved for a duration longer than one month.
- Flyers promoting athletic events and/or organizations that are not directly related to or affiliated with the North Allegheny School District will not be approved.
All flyers must also follow the guidelines outlined in the District’s Approved Commercial Advertising Policy - #833.
Flyer approval does not constitute endorsement. Approval simply means the material has been reviewed and meets the guidelines for electronic distribution. The District reserves the right to rescind approval to any organization or person if a complaint is received or the organization or person is found to violate guidelines.
District representatives have the authority to postpone or deny distribution for any building at their discretion.
We will not make exceptions to this policy.