About Study Island:
- Students can access the program by simply logging on to www.studyisland.com, where they will find each topic organized with a lesson, assessment questions, and explanations. In order to complete the program, students must take the pretest, complete the content groups, and master the post test.
- Students build confidence in their understanding of the Assessment Anchors.
- Study Island is completely Web-based. Students can access Study Island and learn at their own pace. There is no software to download or install; all you need is an Internet connection.
- Not only are there several thousand questions in the Study Island program, but each question constantly changes. The answers to the multiple-choice questions rotate positions, and the numbers in the math questions are chosen randomly, resulting in a deeper understanding of the concepts, as opposed to memorization of the answers.
How to Access Study Island:
- Open Google Chrome
- In the Address bar, type www.studyisland.com
- Click Login in the top right corner.
- Click Login under Study Island for Schools.
- Username: na and student ID (lunch code) (EXAMPLE: na123456) Password: tigers1
- Click on PA Programs and select 5th Grade
- Select a Subject: click on Math (PA Core) or ELA (PA Core)
- Check to be sure a "check" is selected and click Start Studying (top right hand corner)
- Choose Practice Mode or Game Mode
- Choose the number of questions from the drop down box
- Click Next