NA Bands Program Informational Meeting is
Monday, September 24, 2018 @7pm
This meeting is open to parents, guardians, and all 8th grade students who are interested in becoming members of the NA Bands. Next year, student musicians will have numerous opportunities to continue playing their instrument. In about three months, musicians will have a chance to register for band at NAI and will probably have questions about Wind Ensemble, Concert Band, Jazz Ensembles, Concert Percussion, Marching Band, and Indoor Percussion. Students interested in Marching Band Auxiliary Units including Colorguard, Dance Team, Majorettes, Banner Carriers, and Band Managers will also have questions about auditions and expectations for each of these units.
At this meeting, you and your student will hear from the Band Directors, officers of the North Allegheny District Band Patrons (NADBP) parent organization, and current band students. The meeting will last approximately one hour, with time for questions and answers.
8th Grade Band Night is
Friday, September 28, 2018 - Call Time 5:30pm
Each fall, the NA Tiger Marching Band invites 8th grade band members from CMS, IMS and MMS to join them for a football game. It is a required performance for our band and is a really special night!
Call time is 5:30 pm at the high school cafeteria. Wear your NA Tiger Marching Band T-shirt (will be given to you when you arrive at 5:30), jeans or black pants AND weather-appropriate clothing.
- Meet the HS directors, section leaders and drum majors.
- Get a free NA Tiger Marching Band T-Shirt (you’ll wear it that night).
- March to the stadium with the marching band.
- Get into the football game for free!
- Perform with the marching band at half time.
- View the football game from the end zone, with HS students.
- Play cool stands tunes.
- Get up close to watch the halftime performance (best seats in the house!).
- Post halftime snack (usually hot dog, along with other options for vegetarians and those with allergies or other food concerns).
Visit the NA Bands website for more information about high school band.
Please review the 8th Grade Band Syllabus, if you have concerns about your son or daughter's participation in this performance.