Beginner Instrument Rental Instructions
Band lessons and rehearsals will start as soon as schedules are finalized. Before lessons and rehearsals start, it is important that you take care of a few things to get ready for the big day. If you have not done so already, be sure to follow the procedure for obtaining a rental instrument and necessary materials ASAP.
- Choose vendor- review music company information. It is recommended that you rent (not buy) an instrument for your child to get started. Each vendor has a similar rental program and will provide your child an instrument in good, working order.
- Call or go online to complete rental agreement/payment, and submit to the music company. It is best to do this early, so that your child’s instrument will be waiting for him/her when lessons and rehearsals begin.
- Order Lesson Book - do this at the same time that you order the instrument: Measures of Success Book 1. Please be sure to order the book that corresponds with the instrument your child will be playing.
- Music Stand - consider purchasing a music stand with your rental contract, as this will greatly help your child in having a proper place to practice.
- An instrument care kit IS NOT NECESSARY! Your instrument will come with all of the items that you need to get started in band.