Dear Students and Families,
Welcome to Ingomar Middle School and 6th Grade!
I can’t wait to get to know each of you this year. We have a fun and productive year ahead of us!
Students are expected to come to class prepared everyday with the following items:
- Team binder with sections for each class and lined paper
- Charged iPad
Grades will be calculated by the point system. Each assignment will have a point value. The student’s score will be divided by the total points possible to determine the percentage score. The year-end final grade will be based upon the total points accumulated during the four marking periods compared to the total points possible. Late assignments are expected to be turned in up until the quarter grading deadline. Points will be reduced from late assignments, depending on the initial point value and the number of days late.
A = 90 - 100%
B = 80 - 89.9%
C = 70 - 79.9%
D = 60 - 69.9%
E = below 60%
The following items will be combined to determine the student’s grade:
- Classwork / Homework
- Projects / Labs
- Tests / Quizzes
As students become more familiar with their 1:1 devices, we will become more “paperless” in class. As a rule of thumb, any document or assignment that the student receives will be posted on the Blackboard class page. Parents are encouraged to access those documents as needed. Students who misplace paper copies will be responsible for obtaining a new copy via the Blackboard site.
- Big Rule #1 Be kind.
- Always think about how your words and actions can affect others.
- Treat others with respect and they likely will respect you in return.
- Bullying of any sort is unacceptable.
- Big Rule #2 Be honest.
- Tell the truth.
- Use only your own work unless given permission by the teacher.
- Give credit where credit is due. Don’t plagiarize.
- Big Rule #3 Be productive.
- Come in each day with a positive attitude.
- Make sure everything you do is an example of you at your best.
- Make mistakes and learn from them.
- Big Rule #4 Be prepared.
- Come to class with everything you need to succeed.
- A good attitude is an important step to success.
- Big Rule #5 Be yourself.
- Laugh, have fun, and let us get to know you.
- Teach yourself to be the best version of you. Show self-discipline.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact me via email or by calling the main office. I look forward to working with you this year!