2016-2017 (Year 2) by the Numbers
Recommendation #1: Create an equitable technology environment for all students and teachers.
- Twelve (12) carts of 30 Windows laptops were re-purposed from NASH to Middle Schools and Elementary Schools (1 per building with MCK and MES receiving 2 carts each)
- Interactive Projector Installations
- Elementary Schools – Grades K, 1, and 2
- More than 75 mounted interactive projectors installed
Recommendation #2: Adopt a 1:1 environment in Grades 1-12, supplemented with specialty computer labs and shared mobile devices as necessary.
- 1,368 HP Probook G2 laptops distributed to High School students at NAI and NASH (grades 9 and 12)
- 673 iPad Air 2s distributed to Middle School students at CMS, IMS, and MMS (grade 6)
- 130 iPad Air 2s distributed to Elementary teachers
Recommendation #3: Expand staffing appropriately to support success.
- One (1) Help Desk Technician for NASH
- One (1) IT Support Technician to provide District-wide Support
- Two (2) Technology Integrators
- One (1) permanent contract position
- One (1) long term sub position