Diving Deep into Reading4th Grade Reading Program
- Students self-select chapter books and track their reading using a daily reading log. By the end of the year, students’ goal is to have read 25 books.
- Reading Log: Choose 5 out of 7 days to read and record your log. Parent signs log and log collected each week by teacher.
- Student must read 10 “their choice” Chapter Books which include either:
- an AR (Accelerated Reader) Quiz
- leveled 3.5 or above
- students use library, recess, or homeroom time to complete the AR quiz
- quizzes are handed into the homeroom teacher
- a Summary Sheet Graphic Organizer
- students use recess, homeroom, or homework time to complete sheet
- at least 3 events are required for beginning, middle, and end of story
- complete sentences are required
- summery sheets are handed into the homeroom teacher
- Student must complete 4 Leveled Reader Books and Questions.
- students use recess, homeroom, or homework time to complete questions
- complete sentences are required in response to questions
- Leveled Reader Question sheets are handed into the homeroom teacher
- Teacher Picks will include read aloud books and selected reading stories to count for 5 of the 25 books.
- Up to 2 books read over the most recent summer will count as part of their 25 book requirement. (See attached page!)
- There will be 4 Book Responses that will also go towards the goal of 25 books!
Students who’ve completed 25 books will participate in an end of year celebration activity!Diving Deep into Reading Summary Sheet
Last Modified on September 18, 2016