Student 360 Student Guide
Student 360 is a portal used to view student information. It uses a touch-friendly, tile-based interface suitable for computers and tablets of all sizes. Tiles can show summarized data directly from Tyler SIS, giving you an overview of information about your student(s). Each of these areas can be drilled into to see more detailed information about that specific area.
Browser and Tablet Requirements
Student 360 is compatible with the most popular browsers and tablet platforms.
- PC with Internet Explorer 11, Firefox, and Chrome
- Mac with Safari, Firefox and Chrome
- iPad 10” with built-in Safari browser
- Android 9” or larger with built-in Chrome browser
After logging in, the home screen appears with tiles arranged in a grid pattern. The pattern size varies depending on the size of your screen, and tiles are arranged into two-icon-wide columns. Some tiles may be double-wide, and other tiles may be double-wide and double-tall. The order they are displayed in is always the same, but if you view Student 360 from multiple devices, each device may have a different number of columns and rows. Tiles can be arranged however you like – click and drag the tile to its new location when viewing the page on a PC, or touch and slide the tile if the page is being viewed on a touch-enabled device.
Some of the tiles may show data rather than an icon. These may display events, balances, statuses, or other information. In the example below, Meal Service, Fees & Billing, Health, and Attendance Today are all showing numbers. They indicate the student has a low meal balance, owes a fee balance, has been to the nurse’s office in the last week, and was absent from some classes today. If the information is especially worth noting, the background of the tile will be yellow.
The tiles displayed can be changed by clicking the Select Tiles button in the bar at the bottom of the page. This will open a list of all available tiles:
Uncheck the box for a tile to hide it from the home screen.
The bar at the top of the Student 360 screen holds buttons for navigation and selection of what shows in the main viewing area.
- Back – return to the previous page
- Home – return to the Student Summary screen from any other area.
- Menu – choose an area to access. These options match the tiles displayed on the home screen.
- Student – choose a student to access, if you have multiple students. Students are listed youngest to oldest, and by default the youngest student is displayed.
- Year – switch between academic years to view student information. If a student does not have data in a year or if the current screen is disabled by the district, an academic year may be disabled on this selector.
- Links – if the district has set up external links, navigate to those links from this menu. These open in a new browser tab, and the tab displaying Student 360 remains open.
- User Options – access options for the program, or log out of Student 360. (This button shows your name under the icon. In the example above, it shows Betty Rubble.)
- Language – choose the language in which the portal displays.
- Help – view this document.
Viewing Student Data
Selecting a tile or an option from the menu will open that area’s detail screen for the selected student. Student 360 uses a common format among all of the detail screens. Data displays in a grid, with column headings displayed in bold. Click or tap a column heading to sort the grid by that heading. If additional data is available for a line on the grid, a + icon is displayed in the left column. Select it to expand that line and the icon will change to a –. Select the – to collapse the line again.
On screens that have expandable rows, buttons for Expand All and Collapse All are available in the bottom bar and can be selected to expand or collapse all rows in the grid.
Additional buttons may be available in the bottom bar, depending what page is being viewed.