This page contains general information for students interested in accelerating through either honors biology or honors chemistry during the summer of 2019, prior to the 19-20 school year. Please use the links on the left to find specific information pertaining to honors biology and honors chemistry. The acceleration packet received from your current science teacher includes very specific details that you should read and understand prior to beginning this process.
- For more information about the acceleration process, including course and testing requirements, please refer to the acceleration packet. This packet is available from students' current science teachers, and can be obtained during the scheduling discussions in early spring.
- An informational meeting will be held in the NAI library on 2/25/19 at 6:30 p.m. to answer questions about the acceleration process. This meeting is not mandatory, and should not take the place of having a discussion with your current science teacher and counselor about scheduling.
- CCAC dual enrollment must be completed prior to registrering for courses. Please call CCAC to get more information about interviews/testing that may be required prior to your enrollment. It is the student's responsibility to meet all CCAC deadlines and requirements for enrollment. Note that summer college courses may be taken at institutions other than CCAC. Please consult the acceleration packet for more information.
- Acceleration acknowledgement forms with all required signatures and student information are due by 4/17/19, to be given to either Mrs. Richelle Gibson (NAI) or Mr. Chris Omasits (NASH). Students who have not turned in the acknowledgement form prior to this date will not be permitted to attempt the acceleration process nor take the acceleration exam.
- The North Allegheny acceleration exam will be administered following the conclusion of all summer college courses. Tentatively, this is scheduled for mid-August at the conclusion of all summer courses. All students are required to attend this testing date. Students enrolled in the acceleration process will receive an email during the summer once date, time, and location are set.