McKnight 5th Grade Chorus
September 1, 2017
Dear Fifth Grade Parents,
A wonderful musical opportunity awaits your child! At North Allegheny, all Fifth Grade students are given the chance to join musical ensembles and encouraged to explore the musical talents he/she may possess. In Chorus ensembles, students experience singing as a part of a large group, working and having fun together to produce the most pleasant sounds. Chorus rehearsals are scheduled during the regular school day. Please note that students are not pulled out of class to attend Chorus.
Our Fifth Grade Chorus ensemble performs two times during the school year. Listed below are the dates for our upcoming performances for this school year. These dates are on the District Calendar, but please add them to your personal calendar for your reference.
WINTER CHORUS CONCERT SCHEDULE
After-School Rehearsal: Monday, December 4th, 2017 at 3:30 p.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Daytime Assembly: Tuesday, December 5th, 2017 at 2:15 p.m.
Evening Performance: Tuesday, December 5th, 2017 at 7:00 p.m. (Call Time 6:30 p.m.)
SPRING CHORUS CONCERT SCHEDULE
After-School Rehearsal: Wednesday, May 9th, 2018; 3:30 p.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Daytime Assembly: Thursday, May 10th, 2018 at 2:15 p.m.
Evening Performance: Thursday, May 10th, 2018 at 7:00 p.m. (Call Time 6:30 p.m.)
Please encourage your child and remind him/her that being a member of Chorus requires commitment and dedication. Please see the attached Choral Ensemble Expectations sheet and review these expectations with your child. Then, indicate via the linked Google form whether your child intends to be a member of Chorus for this year. This form must be returned by all interested students in Fifth Grade by September 15th, 2017 so that I may prepare for the correct number of participating students. Only students who have returned their signed forms will be permitted to attend chorus rehearsal.
I am looking forward to another great year of many enthusiastic Chorus students! Thank you for your involvement and support in making the North Allegheny Choral Program a success!
Mrs Amy Reese
Vocal Music Teacher, McKnight Elementary School
Chorus Ensemble Expectations
The expectations listed below are to be followed by each Chorus student in order to ensure a calm, well-organized rehearsal experience which all participants may enjoy.
1. Attendance is expected at all rehearsals unless the child is absent from school.
2. Attendance is expected at all performances.
3. Upon arriving at the rehearsal, students are to report directly to their assigned seats.
4. A few moments at the beginning of each rehearsal will be designated for any questions from the students. Students are expected to raise their hand and ask the questions from their seat to avoid confusion.
5. The children are to arrive prepared to REHEARSE! Attentive behavior is expected. Please review the behavior plan with your child:
* If a student is disruptive during rehearsal, he/she will receive a warning
* If a student receives a second warning, he/she will sit out
* If a student receives a third warning, he/she will receive a behavior slip to be sent to the office, sent home, and signed by a parent or guardian.
* Continuous behavior disruptions will result in removal from the ensemble
6. Students may withdraw from Chorus only after the Winter Concert performance. A note from the parents is required.