Franklin Elementary Library Checkout
Policies and Procedures
- All students visit the library each week for Library class. Students in grades 1-5 have a 45 minute class and Kindergarten students have a 30 minute class.
- All students in grades 1-5 are allowed to check out two library books each week. Kindergarten students are allowed to check out one book each week.
- In order to encourage students who are learning to read, 1st and 2nd Grade students are asked to checkout at least one book that they can read or that will help them to practice reading.
- All library books are due one week after they were checked out, unless that falls on a day off of school. In that case, they are due the following week.
- Books can be renewed unless another person has placed that book on hold.
- Students are not limited to checking out Library Books to only their Library Class time. Students can check out books anytime with their teachers’ permission, in fact we strongly encourage it! Students should never be without a book to read!
- If a student forgets to return their library book(s) on Library Day, they will not be allowed to checkout any more book(s) until their books are returned. If a child forgets their library book, we do allow them to look for a book and put it on hold for one day. When their books are returned, they can take the books they put on hold.
- Overdue notices are usually sent home once a month. There are no overdue fines, but if a book is lost or damaged beyond repair, a replacement cost will be charged.