Ukulele Lesson 2
Fun warmup videos:
C chord- Row Row Row your boat (Youtube Vid Ukulele Hub)
C chord- Old Mac Donlad (Youtube Vid Madeline Pots Lesson 1)
REVIEW: Tune using Snark tuners / Warm up/ review material from last lesson:
- String counting up from the floor 1,2,3 and 4 is up on top (p. 3)
- Open strings going down G,C,E,A (goats can eat apples)
- Finger placement just below the fret exercise going up 0,1,2,3,4 and next string and next string.
- Ukuele Mike Vid that goes over finger placement and finger excercise 1.
- Chords: C chord going to a G Chord or G7 Chord
- Practice going from one chord to the next.
- SONGS FROM LAST WEEK: A Rom Som Som and Best Day of My Life
How do you know when to change chords? (p.5/6)
- Check the time signature.
- How many beats per measure?
- How many strums per measure?
- How many strums for each chord?
Hand out F and C7 chords (below are the play along tracks for students to practice along with.)
Essential Elements for Ukulele Book C, G7 and F Chord (p.5/6)