Day-to-Day Substitute Teacher
Sign up with the Northern Area Substitute Teacher Service Consortium (NASTSC) and have access to public K-12 schools in three Northern Area school districts!
The NASTSC offers a complete solution through one application and one interview that provides substitute teaching opportunities and a flexible work schedule at all of the districts served:
- Hampton Township
- North Allegheny
Interested? PA certified teachers and licensed nurses should follow the steps below and sign up today!
- Print and complete this packet.
- Obtain clearance applications, Act 168 disclosure forms, I-9, and payroll identification, as well as continuing credit requirements.
- Sign up for a 20-minute interview. Appointments are required as part of the application process and can be scheduled on Monday, Tuesday, or Thursday from 9:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. Interviews are conducted at the NASTSC office at:
A.W. Beattie Career Center
9600 Babcock Boulevard
Allison Park, PA 15101
- After submission of all documentation, you will be added to Frontline Education's Absence Management Online System.
Frontline Education's Absence Management (formerly "Aesop") is an automated sub-calling system.
Substitute Teacher Rates at North Allegheny School District
- $90.00 per day
- Days 1-90 (non-consecutive)
- $110.00 per day
- Days 91+ (non-consecutive)
- Per diem rate of 70% of Step 1, pending Bachelor's or Masters Degree
- Once worked 31+ consecutive days in the same assignment
- NASD Retired Teachers: $125.00 per day
- Per current protocol for emergency needs