Day-to-Day Substitute Teacher
The Northern Area Substitute Services (NASS) allows PA certified teachers and licensed nurses to complete one application to work at both Hampton Township School District and the North Allegheny School District.
Guest Substitutes with a valid emergency permit issued by the North Allegheny School District are only eligible to substitute teach within the North Allegheny School District.
Day-to-Day Teacher Substitute Rates (Effective January 1, 2021)
- Days 1-30 (non-consecutive): $100.00 per day - for the current school year
- Days 31+ (non-consecutive): $120.00 per day - for the current school year
- 31st Consecutive Day in Assignment
- 70% of Step 1A (Bachelor’s Degree): $172.22 per day
- 70% of Step 1E (Master’s Degree): $176.81 per day
Day-to-Day Paraprofessional Substitute Rate
- $12.50 per hour
Interested? Follow the steps below and sign up today!
- Submit an online application through Frontline Recruiting & Hiring
- Applications will be reviewed by the Substitute Service Coordinator. Those who qualify will be invited to complete a virtual interview.
- Upon completion of a virtual interview with the Substitute Services Coordinator, you will then receive our Northern Area Substitute Services paperwork to complete. View information on how to obtain required clearances.
- Once all necessary paperwork is complete, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule an appointment to submit the required paperwork. Appointments will be held at:
North Allegheny School District
Central Administrative Offices
200 Hillvue Lane
Pittsburgh, PA 15237
- After submission of all documentation, you will be added to Frontline Education's Absence Management Online System.